Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Miami vice card challenge/Mozambique

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Couple of times I was all thumbs grabbing at my polo shirt and coming up with nothing but thin air.
    Were you going for the hem? If you were, that's the type of issue I was referring to in the hemline stuff upthread.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Ok time for fun things!

If you haven't seen Chris Long's promo video for the Vice Card Challenge, you need to, for serious. Not because he was so kind as to put me in it, which is awfully kind of him, but because it is one of the raddest videos evar, to be blunt. Guns, Mozambique, latex gloves, car, and graphics... beautiful, gorgeous, 80s authentic graphics.

I told Chris I was supper jelly of the whole thing.

I’m pretty well off and I have a private range....

But that range doesn’t have multiple hangars nor a Delorean get away car. So yea. You guys rock

He uses a spas 12 as well. Layers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Were you going for the hem? If you were, that's the type of issue I was referring to in the hemline stuff upthread.
    Yes. Trained for a while to do that since at church I may be in a sport coat one week and a polo in the next week.

I lose a bunch of tenths doing such. Old habits....

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Well, the suck was strong for me on this. Sub 2s but just barely. Losing tons of time on the garment clearing and working from 4 o’clock.

I only broke 1.34 on the first shot a couple of times. Fastest with hits was 1.7ish.

Gives me something to strive for.

Regards.
    My best time on a FTS is a 2.27. That was with a 1911 in Gabe’s class and not a surrender start. 1.7 is sporty.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    My best time on a FTS is a 2.27. That was with a 1911 in Gabe’s class and not a surrender start. 1.7 is sporty.
    I was alone so probably easier without an audience.

Probably got super lucky on the shots because I sure don’t think I had eyes on the front sight. Ran a lot of them to cherry pick that one.

I tried to work on the surrender start dry today. 1.2 ish the fastest I can get a shot off from 4 o’clock. And I’m always slower live.

Lots of bungled dry draws.

Great drill.

I tried this several times and the best I got was 1.9. It is mind boggling he was able to do that with gloves. I don't thinks those patches will be flying off the shelves with that 1.38s standard and video proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I tried this several times and the best I got was 1.9. It is mind boggling he was able to do that with gloves. I don't thinks those patches will be flying off the shelves with that 1.38s standard and video proof.
    The kind of folks who take these drills seriously (and as a chance to move out of comfort zones) aren’t into claiming skills they don’t have.

And I can’t remember the last time I trained without running video of some type. There’s always something to learn by seeing my mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The kind of folks who take these drills seriously (and as a chance to move out of comfort zones) aren’t into claiming skills they don’t have.

And I can’t remember the last time I trained without running video of some type. There’s always something to learn by seeing my mistakes
    Excellent point. My growth in shooting is retarded simply due to the fact I don't practice enough. Time constraints are a killer. I have never filmed myself shooting, but maybe I should to enhance the time spent on the range. I'm not sure how I am going to edit myself though. I can barely edit my own emails I send out.

Not to take anything away from Jim, but y'all know this is a tv show and he was shooting blanks right? His accuracy never really mattered

I added this to my dry fire last night and it is a bitch. The only run that I called all hits, the par time beeped at 1.40 as I shot the head. Realistically I maybe did it in 1.5 in dry fire and that was after a ton of reps. I had to take full advantage of "hands above nipple line", the extra height from a default hands of above shoulders is a huge time suck. I also had to change my technique a bit. I tend to favor scooping my shirt from the bottom, but this drill exposed several issues with that. I switched to Jedi's idea of grabbing the shirt at the belly button and that seemed to be much better for me.

Huge kudos to everyone who pulls this off!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Best I could get in 1.38 was two rounds, and it felt like I was flinging shots downrange without much concern for accuracy. It did make it clear that I need to work hard on my draw.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List