Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Miami vice card challenge/Mozambique

Sort of figured that.

First step for me will be tons of dry practice just accessing the pistol from surrender. It seemed super hard yesterday dry in the living room. I'll probably run it more from my duty holster too since I'm toting the thing that way 40 hours a week.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll start slow and work my way up. I have a student coming today for a private lesson and I'll have some time to see where I am at. I'm expecting 1.5 to be more in my abilities at present. If the hits are there I'll be happy for now.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Guess I need my hands up over my face like Gabe’s example
    I'm not sure that you do.

Context and preferred mechanics together can dictate exact start position. I get a little better mechanics from a narrower arm and hand position like the first one in my video with my hands on the bill on my hat. But it looks weird compared to someone "surrendering". It comes from USPSA and clearly shows the wrists above shoulders, which is a common start position in that sport. It is not about tactical subterfuge. The second position I showed is a little trickier to execute (maybe just from a greater lateral component?) but looks much more like a legitimate hands up gesture.

I like your shirt! And nice shooting on the challenge by the way.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Well, the suck was strong for me on this. Sub 2s but just barely. Losing tons of time on the garment clearing and working from 4 o’clock.

I only broke 1.34 on the first shot a couple of times. Fastest with hits was 1.7ish.

Gives me something to strive for.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Well, the suck was strong for me on this. Sub 2s but just barely. Losing tons of time on the garment clearing and working from 4 o’clock.

I only broke 1.34 on the first shot a couple of times. Fastest with hits was 1.7ish.

Regards.
    FWIW I think 1.7 to 2.0 is really good and doesn't suck at all.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post

Regards.
    Sub 2 is excellent. Especially if you haven’t been working this or any drill of it’s kind lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Thank you sir.

I’ll see if my old tail can add some velocity on the draw. Lots of what I need for that can be done dry. Fun way to pass time while my wife gets ready to make us late arriving places. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Sub 2 is excellent. Especially if you haven’t been working this or any drill of it’s kind lately.
    You guys are making me feel better about the 1.90 I just posted up. This may have been my first time ever firing from a surrender start.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    You guys are making me feel better about the 1.90 I just posted up. This may have been my first time ever firing from a surrender start.
    Dude if I were rocking a sub 2 failure to stop with a strong side iwb and a closed front cover garment AND from a hands up start, I'd feel pretty good about that. As a reference I know you are familiar with, if you were to hit that score in my class in the testing you'd have a turbo run after the concealment adjustment.

FWIW, I find hands down and hands up starts to be subtlely different from each other and both well worth practicing.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Yeah. That was weird for me also.

Couple of times I was all thumbs grabbing at my polo shirt and coming up with nothing but thin air.

Could have sworn my Timer laughed at me then.

Ok time for fun things!

If you haven't seen Chris Long's promo video for the Vice Card Challenge, you need to, for serious. Not because he was so kind as to put me in it, which is awfully kind of him, but because it is one of the raddest videos evar, to be blunt. Guns, Mozambique, latex gloves, car, and graphics... beautiful, gorgeous, 80s authentic graphics.

Lord of the Food Court

User Tag List