Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Miami vice card challenge/Mozambique

Haven’t shot in a while cause ammo too high and I’m under 2 k rounds.

Took 50 rounds. Ran two 25 yard bullseye and the next 30 rounds just ran this drill. Fastest was high 1.6s.

Barely any faster but super solid hits. No misses....no bungled draws. Average was 1.8 I’d estimate.

So I’ll take it. Dry practice is all I’ve done for a couple of weeks.

I shot this one today. Couple warm up draws to the body and then shot a 1.36 on first attempt:

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I shot this one today. Couple warm up draws to the body and then shot a 1.36 on first attempt:

Nicely done, Gio.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I ran into a patch holder by happenstance today while visiting a local-ish gunshop. Had some good conversation and it reinvigorated my interest in playing with this again.

Anybody else on the board get a patch since the thread ended?

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I ran into a patch holder by happenstance today while visiting a local-ish gunshop. Had some good conversation and it reinvigorated my interest in playing with this again.

Anybody else on the board get a patch since the thread ended?
    Gave it a few go's today after seeing your post. It was clear that this was not happening from a winter coat so I did some reps from a T-shirt. It's 13F right now.

Best time I could get with all hits was 1.57. The first split and transition are consistently .20 and .21 My AIWB draws are trash, first one was a 1.5 which I got down to 1.2 after some dry reps. Any faster and the hits are just luck.

If this is still going on when it's warmer out I might put more effort in to it. I need something to motivate me to practice AIWB these days.

Super fun challenge!

Site Supporter
    JCN

Mostly breaking balls

1. He showed a clean timer ( I mention this only because that is what he did. I am not implying in any way that your time was not the 1.35 as reflected.)

2. He was not using a red dot such that it may not be apples to apples between you and Gio.

3. I am not as fast as either one of you.

4. You commitment to to the art is admirable given enough snow on ground that you are wearing muck boots.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    JCN

Mostly breaking balls

1. He showed a clean timer ( I mention this only because that is what he did. I am not implying in any way that your time was not the 1.35 as reflected.)

2. He was not using a red dot such that it may not be apples to apples between you and Gio.

3. I am not as fast as either one of you.

4. You commitment to to the art is admirable given enough snow on ground that you are wearing muck boots.
    No worries. The hat cam view wasn’t my official submission video. The tripod camera I carry in the second half was recording the entire time and that’s the camera angle for the official submission (I show the zero timer on that view).

I think @Gio is a better shooter than me from other things I’ve seen him post and talk about. It also only took him one try to clean it and it took me three tries.

I’m on strict bullet rationing these days so I was happy to get it done with dry fire and then confirm in live fire. It was gorgeous out despite the snow. I had to bring all my gear in a sled to get out to my range, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post

That was great! Congrats on having an awesome assistant!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Name:  1D5BF482-1EBF-4619-9F52-D0AF7E96BD4A.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  61.8 KB

User Tag List