Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ruger did the 5” thing again, in 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    One of the War Department requirements for the .45 Colt was the ability to kill a horse at 100 yards, which it accomplished with a pointed 255-grain bullet at 900 fps. If the only thing you change is to switch to a hard-cast SWC then you improve on the ability to kill a horse.

How much more punch do any of us really need?

Okie John
    I love you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    One of the War Department requirements for the .45 Colt was the ability to kill a horse at 100 yards, which it accomplished with a pointed 255-grain bullet at 900 fps. If the only thing you change is to switch to a hard-cast SWC then you improve on the ability to kill a horse.

How much more punch do any of us really need?

Okie John
    Thanks for sharing! I learned something new today.

My "warm" .45 Colt load is a Speer 300 JSP at around 875 feet per second. It works really well on bowling pins too...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I love you, man.
    I love you, too, man. No homo.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    If you've never fired a SAA or one of it's many clones/copies/look-a-likes with a full powered (255@900) black powder load you really need to experience that. The first time you let loose of one of those, and it's best through a 7.5" barrel, your first reaction will be to think you've stumbled on a really smokey Magnum. By the time you get to the 5th round (only load five in your six shooter) your hand, or more likely your middle finger knuckle, will be a little tender but you will have a big smile on your face.

Dave

I’m pretty disappointed in my 10mm MC, it won’t shoot cast boolits for squat. I suspect there’s some thread choke, plus the chamber throats are over-sized. .402 boolits drop right through.

Jacketed it shoots pretty well, but they’re too damned expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I’m pretty disappointed in my 10mm MC, it won’t shoot cast boolits for squat. I suspect there’s some thread choke, plus the chamber throats are over-sized. .402 boolits drop right through.

Jacketed it shoots pretty well, but they’re too damned expensive.
    My 3” 10mm GP100 didn’t like the commercial 155gr lrn or 175 swc bullets I had laying around but will put my cast 200gr .402” wfn bullets into neat little groups at 25 yards.

User Tag List