Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger did the 5” thing again, in 10mm

Ruger did the 5” thing again, in 10mm

Oh my.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I thought they only had that in .44 special but now I see they have this 10mm, a .327 mag, and a .357 mag version. Tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Oh my.
    i'm a little of out step with 10mm revos. Can one shoot .40 in such the way we use .38s in a .357?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    i'm a little of out step with 10mm revos. Can one shoot .40 in such the way we use .38s in a .357?
    It can be problematic:

https://revolverguy.com/psa-40-sw-in-the-10mm-gp100/

I believe there is someone making thicker clips specific for .40 but don't remember who.

Site Supporter
    I wish they made the 357 in stainless. I’m still waiting for the 2.5” SP101

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    It can be problematic:

https://revolverguy.com/psa-40-sw-in-the-10mm-gp100/

I believe there is someone making thicker clips specific for .40 but don't remember who.
    I think TK Custom.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Id like a 4" just like that.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I don't need to stock another caliber and to have a revolver that needs moon clips in order to function.

I'm going to keep telling myself that. Because I've wanted a .41 Magnum, but I'm not interested in jumping that far down the handloading rabbit-hole. A 10mm sort of solves that.

Don't want! Don't want! Don't want!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't need to stock another caliber and to have a revolver that needs moon clips in order to function.

I'm going to keep telling myself that. Because I've wanted a .41 Magnum, but I'm not interested in jumping that far down the handloading rabbit-hole. A 10mm sort of solves that.

Don't want! Don't want! Don't want!
    That's me, except I already have the ability to load 10mm since I loaded .40 S&W for years.

What's this do that I can't already do with a .357 magnum or .45 Colt? I ask myself, waiting for the Wheels of Justification to turn. So far the Wheels have been stuck on "but N-frames..."
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List