Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colion Noir on Joe Rogan,second time

Rogan is not perfect. However, some of you may not realize how much of a big deal this is. He's rivaling CNN.

• Joe probably gets 5-7 million views of full podcasts a day, which makes him far larger than any TV host.
    • Joe gets 200 million podcast views a month. CNN gets 330 million views a month.
    • Factoring in Rogan clips, and media website views. Joe gets 400 million views a month. CNN 800 million, Fox 1.2 billion, 700 million for NBC. So Rogan is gigantic, but not bigger than the big media corporations. 1/2 of CNN though, and 2/3 of NBC.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/co...a_here_is_the/
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Until it comes to pot, then Rogan is like a bulldog and will not change the subject.
    Either you're 100% on board with pot being a miracle plant or Rogan will spend the next 2 hours of the show droning on and on about it.
    Even a throw away negative (or ambivalent) comment about pot has him sidetracked for an hour when the topic and guest aren't even remotely related to marijuana.

Typical pot head behavior...
    I keep waiting for someone to point out publicly that using marijuana makes him a prohibited person under Federal law.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I keep waiting for someone to point out publicly that using marijuana makes him a prohibited person under Federal law.
    It really irks me when Rogan starts talking in favor of regulating firearms.
    If current laws were enforced, he'd be a felon right now.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    People have pointed that out, and the collective reaction was: "who gives a fuck"

Which was the correct reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    People have pointed that out, and the collective reaction was: "who gives a fuck"

Which was the correct reaction.
    Pot is being legalized at a rapid pace at the state level. The question on the 4473 has become irrelevant. The WSP runs our background checks. Pot is legal here in WA. so who's in charge? I don't think it's the feds. That seems to be trending in some other areas as well.

I don't use it but I wouldn't want someone restricted who does.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    It really irks me when Rogan starts talking in favor of regulating firearms.
    If current laws were enforced, he'd be a felon right now.
    I view most of his comments on regulating them to be more due to his ignorance of the topic rather than any malice. He is supportive of the right to armed self-defense per what I've heard him say (I'm a regular listener). When I've heard him supporting regulation, it has been about keeping morons away from guns and causing harm to others, not preventing people from defensive measures. I think it's safe to say most of us here agree with the sentiment while disagreeing with the mechanism. Another element that sometimes creeps into his comments is similar to what a lot of people seem to think about gun ownership who didn't grow up in that culture but came to it later, especially when coming from an anti environment. It takes time to reverse that wiring.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Yup. There are many ways people can be medicated, legally and otherwise, that have disastrous effects on their ability to manage the armed lifestyle. Pot is the least of my concerns in that arena.

Chris

I've only ever listed to a handful of JRE excerpts from guests who I thought would be interesting. I think that JRE is probably as much "mainstream" a venue as gun rights advocates are likely to get.

While I am personally about as much of a "shall not be infringed" sort of person in my personal thoughts and beliefs, I also understand that attitude has little public traction. Most people want to feel like they are "reasonable" people, and therefore are ok with "reasonable" 2A restrictions. I find that I can have productive conversations if I try to find out what these people (potential allies!) think that the current law is, and what "reasonable" restrictions really seem like to them. I've gotten people who consider themselves politically liberal to agree that there should be mechanisms in place to own private full-auto, and stuff like that feels like a win.

4473s and state/federal marijuana laws need a reckoning, and I'll be curious to see how that ends up. I have always enjoyed a sober lifestyle, but this is something that has to give.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    You know what, John? I never thought of it that way before, but you're right. And that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Pot is being legalized at a rapid pace at the state level. The question on the 4473 has become irrelevant. The WSP runs our background checks. Pot is legal here in WA. so who's in charge? I don't think it's the feds. That seems to be trending in some other areas as well.

That's not the point.
    It's still Federal law and it is used selectively to destroy peoples lives.
    The fact that people are just fine with laws being selectively enforced is how we end up with more and more laws and anarcho-tyranny.
    If the federal hammer smashed flat public people like Rogan or David Gregory (NBC news anchor who used a 30 round AR mag as a prop on national television while in D.C.) then maybe we could actually get some of this shit slowed or repealed when people wake up to just how many stupid little laws get broken every single day by everyone.
    Rogan doesn't care if Joe Dirt in Tenn. catches a felony for the exact same shit he's doing on YouTube in front of millions.

If Rogan was calling for less firearms regulation I'd be cool with his stance on pot and guns.
    But he's not, he's regularly called for more regulation while being in violation of multiple firearms laws himself.

Fuck that.
    If you ask for it, you should get every single inch of it.

btw: I'm 100% on board with legalizing damn near everything when it comes to drugs, guns, and everything else malum prohibitum.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List