Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 use by LE agencies...

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Well that's disheartening. I just got a 6390
    I have had it since 2008 -2009 ish. I have 16K through my personal MCOP... double that with holster draws..... I say it held up pretty good.

I think you will be ok.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I have had it since 2008 -2009 ish. I have 16K through my personal MCOP... double that with holster draws..... I say it held up pretty good.

I think you will be ok.
    Ok, thanks.

Are they reparable?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Ok, thanks.

Are they reparable?
    My answer is strictly my opinion.

The ALS part is a 1-piece assembly and it is held on with one screw. Therefore you would think the ALS assembly is replaceable part.

We (the dept) got into Safariland in 1992 with the 070 and then 2011ish with the 6360, then eventually the 7360. With Glock, they have been a very durable holster. We found out Gen 5 Glocks dont work in the older holsters that fit the Gen 4s.

I am the only one packing single stack 1911 since 2008. My original holsters were 6360 non lighted and lighted and since I was driving a desk (INV, IA, Support Svcs, Patrol Admin) I was using my heavily worn 6360 for office and if I went to work and extra job or street assignment, I swapped out for the hardly used (marked X200 light - HA!).

From a dept standpoint, Safariland would send me bolts, spacers and we go through rotating hoods (officers dont oil the metal to metal and spring in the rotating hood and it gets rusty crunchy- high humidity area).

You are going to laugh at this one.... I asked for a replacement ALS part for my 1911 6360....and I got sent a brand new holster (light).

I wonder if the ALS part is like calling Springfield for a grip safety..... its a safety part and they wont sell/send it to you.

Another area that most wont do, I cut off the protective kydex bridge for the ALS that I believe only 1911 holsters had. I felt it slowed me down and its never been an issue with it missing.

I dont want you to use me as a basis for Safariland ALS for 1911 is not good. My holster draw practice numbers are likely very conservative. I went to alot of schools/training and police competitions in the 2010-2020s decade with my 6360 non lighted holster. As an instructor, add even more as I teach cadets firearms and officers in-service trainings. I really liked my non lighted 1911 holster because it meant I was not carrying a light (lighter weight), the light holster is longer and it caused me to sit awkward as the holster muzzle was on the center console or chair seat.

I have been searching for a cheap, beat up 6360 for a 1911 so I could rob the ALS part and try it in my heavily worn non light holster.

Another laugh, a few years ago... I was going to replace my 5" MCOP for duty carry with an aluminum framed railed Champion .45. I was still driving a desk at the time and cut the bottom of my beloved non lighted 6360 off to match the 4" barrel length. It was a dream to carry from an office standpoint.

here is the cut version.

Like a dumb azz, I wanted something else.... and sold the 4" Champion and I had a holster that was worthless (I was still assigned to the office). But being frugal and having kydex and a heat gun, I went to work. Not many noticed but the ones around me threw rocks, but it still worked (from an office standpoint)

I got moved back to the streets in Oct 2020... and its my old X200 holster with a X300. This holster does not have the "time" that my non lighted holster has. I wont carry my non lighted holster on the street as I feel the ALS is worn to the point were a gun grab will easily defeat that level of retention.

I will dig out my old holster and snap a pic.

Thank you for that write up. I just wear safariland for fun/woods/competition. I switched to a 6004 for woods carry and commonality with my k frame 6004 but I found that while the k frame 6004 lends itself to really smooth draws the 1911 one caused me some issues so I switched back to an ALS.

I have always kept that little bridge thing but I absolutely need the nub for 1911 ALS holsters.

here is an image of my bridge cut off and shaped. The ALS has to come out for this.

here is an image of my bridge cut off and shaped. The ALS has to come out for this.

Have you tried the nub?
    Name:  KIMG0662_JPG-1161440.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  26.9 KB

I have not tried the nub.

I never thought I was going back to the streets.... I need to get one as it might improve my speed or if I have a jacked up draw... the extra material might make it a success.

is that a Springer MCOP in the holster?

the nub extractor, green frame, ambi springer thumb safety and the 2 dot Novak night sight are clues.
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 08-07-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Not 1911 related but I recently picked up a NUB for my safariland 6360. It’s fantastic totally worth it. They had “blem” ones for like 20 bucks.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

where did you buy it from?

Site Supporter
    where did you buy it from?
    I’ve had good experiences ordering direct from the manufacturer, Oregon Trail Defense.

Sorry if it was already mentioned but there are specific Nub Mod for Level 2 and Level 3 1911 holsters.

Name:  B5E14690-C253-4B55-9D0D-97DC3C1811CD.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  78.4 KB

User Tag List