Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remsport Glock 19 slides

Remsport Glock 19 slides

Anyone used them? They look nice from the pictures. Have a Gen 5 profile, but are Gen 3.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12557954400...Bk9SR97Ru7zxYQ
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Good value!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Good value!
    That’s kinda what I thought if they’re well made.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Haven't used their Glock slides, but RemSport/TR-Enabling is well known in the 1911 world; I'd buy one with confidence and expect it to work and fit out of the box. YMMV of course, but they are not known for sending out messed up components.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Haven't used their Glock slides, but RemSport/TR-Enabling is well known in the 1911 world; I'd buy one with confidence and expect it to work and fit out of the box. YMMV of course, but they are not known for sending out messed up components.
    I thought they had kind of a "meh" reputation in the 1911 world? At least that was the impression I got 4-5 years ago. If that's not the case or if they've upped their standards, this could get me back into the Lego-Glock world.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Looks good but I legit hate the fact that they put the rear sight cut so far forward. Aesthetically that's the worst part about milling a factory slide, the dead space behind the sight that doesn't need to be there. It also has a functional negative that it prevents the gun from fitting in some older gen safariland RDO holsters...

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I thought they had kind of a "meh" reputation in the 1911 world? At least that was the impression I got 4-5 years ago. If that's not the case or if they've upped their standards, this could get me back into the Lego-Glock world.
    IMO their rep is square in the middle-upper tier; slides are broadly interchangeable with Caspian (who are themselves known for the occasional miss...) Barrels will be light years better than any of the usual "drop in barrel" suspects (MidwayUSA, Sarco, etc). I dunno if I'd take one of their finished slides over a JEM finished slide for example...but I wouldn't feel like I cheaped out on getting one, either.

I'd take one of their Glock slides over a generic "P80" branded Glock slide, or maybe even the Brownells slides, to be honest...but that's also just me; YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    IMO their rep is square in the middle-upper tier; slides are broadly interchangeable with Caspian (who are themselves known for the occasional miss...) Barrels will be light years better than any of the usual "drop in barrel" suspects (MidwayUSA, Sarco, etc). I dunno if I'd take one of their finished slides over a JEM finished slide for example...but I wouldn't feel like I cheaped out on getting one, either.

I'd take one of their Glock slides over a generic "P80" branded Glock slide, or maybe even the Brownells slides, to be honest...but that's also just me; YMMV.
    Thanks, that's good to hear. A build on a JEM frame and slide is still on my "someday" list.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

thanks for the link...

I bought a cosmetic blem gen 3 frame last year because for $39, how could I skip it?

I figured some day I would find a cheap slide... I already had a spare barrel. So I will have a knock off G19 for less than $250.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    thanks for the link...

I bought a cosmetic blem gen 3 frame last year because for $39, how could I skip it?

I figured some day I would find a cheap slide... I already had a spare barrel. So I will have a knock off G19 for less than $250.
    I’ve got a threaded barrel just sitting in my parts box. It’s getting lonely. Maybe I’ll have to do a side by side comparison/review to my Brownells slides. And maybe I’ll have to take the PMM single port comp off my G26 slide since I never use that upper anymore and combine it with a Remsport slide and threaded barrel.

I wish they made an ACRO cut for that price.

Decisions, decisions.

Please post some pics when you get it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List