Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad News

Sad News

Many who competed in the northeast in years past, particularly in the IDPA world, knew Walt Jones as the go to guy for information on matches large and small through out the region. His social and networking skills both online and off did much to aid the growth or the shooting sports. It is my sad duty to report that I was informed yesterday of his passing. In many ways Walt was a very private person but it wasn't much of a secret that as a young man he was seriously injured by a land mine while serving in Vietnam as a Green Beret officer. Despite these serious injuries he recovered and went on to a successful career in the tech industry and used these skills to bring the local shooting community out of the stone age. He was a devoted husband and master of Coriges. He was also the best man at my wedding and pretty much every room he walk into. He will be missed.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 06-23-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Sorry for your loss, Kevin. He sounds like a fine man, indeed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend to you personally and to the shooting community at large. RIP

My condolences to you and his family, Kevin.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Sad to hear, shot with Walt many times. A true gentleman. Rest in Peace Warrior.
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

Site Supporter
    RIP, brother.

Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like a life well lived, condolences to those he left behind.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Deeply Saddened

My association with Walt began through IDPA at various clubs here in the east of PA. I came to appreciate Walt for the honest, forthright and upstanding individual he was and the friendship that developed over the years. A better representative of human-kind and for the shooting sports one could not hope to find. Additionally, Walt was involved with other enterprises and past-times which were almost all of the nature to the benefit of his fellow citizens. As I had stated previously to several fellow competitors when Walt decided to reduce his involvement in our sport, we will only now begin to understand the greatness of our loss with his absence. It will now be even greater still.

As much as our loss can be felt, I can only hope that our Creator will comfort his family and friends through their grief and sorrow with his passing. I for one feel we are lesser with his parting.

Bon voyage mon ami et la bénédiction de Dieu sur votre chemin.....

Site Supporter
    Condolences.

User Tag List