Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta motorist with rifle case

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I just might have spent hours in my room as a child practicing my fast draw to Marty Robbins, or maybe it was hours alone in my room with Catherine Bach and Dukes of Hazard, but I digress.
    I was going to say “we can hang out, too” but then I thought twice about the daisy duke thing.

We can have a beer. On me.

I just might have spent hours in my room as a child practicing my fast draw to Marty Robbins
    The cover art on "Gunfighter Ballads" practically forced us to work on fast draw.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

We all recognise the poor tactics of those caught in these situations. But its probably a lot to ask that average joe public have any clue how to navigate these scenarios. Whats really wrong and should be focused on is that they are being put in these situations to begin with. Those pointing weapons at innocent people should be dealt with to the full extent of the law. A bad action has a tendancy to evoke a bad reaction. I think its just a matter of time before someone takes having a weapon pointed at them as having their threshold being crossed. Who will be at fault? The actor or the reactor?

Regarding the drivers decision making: he felt there was a threat and thus armed himself with his rifle before proceeding on. If he legitimately felt threatened, did he have the opportunity to simply turn his vehicle around, or was he forced to proceed?
    To me, it looked like he was blocked from behind and couldn't turn around. I have no idea what happened before the two videos that made him feel a need to get his rifle out of the trunk. It may have been a case of "I have a gun too so don't fuck with me".

I would imagine we will see more of this since no one is trying to stop it from happening. So I wonder how long it will be until they start charging a "donation" for peoople to pass?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    To me, it looked like he was blocked from behind and couldn't turn around. I have no idea what happened before the two videos that made him feel a need to get his rifle out of the trunk. It may have been a case of "I have a gun too so don't fuck with me".

I would imagine we will see more of this since no one is trying to stop it from happening. So I wonder how long it will be until they start charging a "donation" for peoople to pass?
    Could of been a little of “I have a gun in the trunk and if I have to abandon the car, I don’t want to lose the gun to these people...”

Maybe because I’m older and grumpier. But if I remotely think I might be driving near or get caught up in a civil unrest event, I’d want the gun up front with me. Or at the least, in the back seat within arms reach.

I don’t feel the need to posture in front of a crowd and show off the fact that I have a rifle.

With the window tint that guy had on his car, if that had been my car, no one would have known I had the gun until such time as I decided to let it be known that I was armed.

And if for some reason things degraded to the point I felt the need to abandon my car, it’s probably evolving quick enough that I wouldn’t have time to dick around in my trunk.

I just might have spent hours in my room as a child practicing my fast draw to Marty Robbins, or maybe it was hours alone in my room with Catherine Bach and Dukes of Hazard, but I digress.
    They are not mutually exclusive.

Is that a pistol in your pocket...?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    We all recognise the poor tactics of those caught in these situations. But its probably a lot to ask that average joe public have any clue how to navigate these scenarios. Whats really wrong and should be focused on is that they are being put in these situations to begin with. Those pointing weapons at innocent people should be dealt with to the full extent of the law. A bad action has a tendancy to evoke a bad reaction. I think its just a matter of time before someone takes having a weapon pointed at them as having their threshold being crossed. Who will be at fault? The actor or the reactor?
    It sure seems like a lot of effort is being dedicated to advancing the narrative of the Wicked Racist Driver vs the noble Peaceful Protester on foot, for example:

https://slate.com/business/2020/06/g...ng-racism.html

I feel like it takes a lot to ask the question "Why is this happening so often, especially now?" and completely fail to mention that the protests consist of pedestrians in the roadway acting the fool. Nope, the reason is jihad/lone wolf/Charlottesville racists. Which is to say, the veracity of media channels is very much in doubt right now, and I'd think in pretty much any circumstance a person in a vehicle can count on being immediately declared the bad guy.

Site Supporter
    Wow- the Slate article was REALLY slanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I was going to say “we can hang out, too” but then I thought twice about the daisy duke thing.

We can have a beer. On me.
    Just make sure you bring the hand lotion.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List