Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta motorist with rifle case

Seems the common thread in these vids is getting guns pointed at you before any deadly force justification.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    In theory, some states have that. Where Stand Your Ground applies to anywhere you have a legal right to be (which is most states). Some further distinguish that a personal vehicle is placed under a Castle Doctrine.
    An occupied vehicle is treated the same as a residence in Indiana.

if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle...
    Note attack on, not simply obstruction of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    All in all, I’m thinking a camera and reinforced bumper on the Tacoma might be a good investment this summer.
    Funny, that's what I said in the NVG thread. A pre-runner bumper is probably more useful then a truck gun or NVGs at this point. And a traffic app and the ability to turn around probably beats all of them..
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I think you're being kind.
    That dude was running on 100 octane ethanol free emotion. Or maybe he was just vapor locked in stupid.

Made emotional by scary group of armed people. Exits car, leaves the car running and the drivers side door open. Retrieves rifle from trunk and walks to the front passenger side door which he opens to place his rifle in the vehicle. He then walks all the way back around the back of his car so he can get to the drivers seat. I kept thinking to myself “hey! free car and gun!” while he was making that long ass walk.

While I don’t personally have a problem with him hitting the protestor I think the rest of the video is a case study in what not to do if you find yourself in a similar situation. That includes freaking out and screaming at protestors and other drivers.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    The free people of Lansing....

O hey, half a mile away from my wife’s work 🙄
    Fucking shit I leave Florida crazy to end up with Michigan Crazy...

You and me both. Well, FJ Cruiser for me - but same thing.

I'm looking at a MetalTech 4x4 with the Bash Plate...

Hell yea, man. I have multiple albums on vinyl and his Cowboy Ballads album on my iPod (well phone, whatever you know what I mean).

I grew up on pre-1975 music, radio shows, and classic television. It's why I'm an 'original hipster' who liked that stuff before it was cool (again)...because I grew up with a dad who was alive when it was cool the first time and shared it with me.

When your dad is nearly 41 when you're born...you end up with a radical departure of pop culture from the other kids your age, whose parents are in their 20s or early 30s. Like my best friend growing up, his dad is nearly 20 years younger than my dad. So he grew up on AC/DC, Metallica, Guns 'N Roses, Mork and Mindy, Three's Company, and Cheers. I grew up on Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, The Everly Brothers, I Love Lucy, Dragnet, and Adam 12.
    Marty Robins was a rock star in my neck of the woods. I went to HS in AZ in the 60's. Times were tough so all of my money went for gas, ammo and an occasional date night. Not a dime for any albums although a college guy who lived across the road had plenty of vinyl. We played poker, drank his whiskey, and smoked his cigars until sun up. He had some Marty Robins. That guy was a bad influence on me because I still drink whiskey and smoke cigars....and know who Marty Robbins is/was.

FJ's are the Mercedes of the off road crowd. I see a lot of those where i live. You would think they still make those.

OK boomer.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-23-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    That dude was running on 100 octane ethanol free emotion. Or maybe he was just vapor locked in stupid.

Made emotional by scary group of armed people. Exits car, leaves the car running and the drivers side door open. Retrieves rifle from trunk and walks to the front passenger side door which he opens to place his rifle in the vehicle. He then walks all the way back around the back of his car so he can get to the drivers seat. I kept thinking to myself “hey! free car and gun!” while he was making that long ass walk.

While I don’t personally have a problem with him hitting the protestor I think the rest of the video is a case study in what not to do if you find yourself in a similar situation. That includes freaking out and screaming at protestors and other drivers.
    Let's be honest, we have a lot of people out there with guns who probably don't have the emotional maturity to handle them, anywhere other than a controlled range. I think we're seeing a lot of these folks, who've been living in fantasy apocalypse operatorland, seizing upon this as an opportunity to flash their rod to the sheeple.

Then, you've got Little Johnny Crotchrocket in Lansing. Here's doughnut roll homeboy pointing an AR at him and he wants to argue, when he could have easily turned his bike around and driven off. I recently read an editorial wherein the author described Americans as being masters at "you're not the boss of me". He's right. "Don't tread on me" was 18th century speak for "fuck you". We're seeing the negative side of that ethos combined with a large case of felony stupid.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Marty Robins was a rock star in my neck of the woods. I went to HS in AZ in the 60's. Times were tough so all of my money went for gas, ammo and an occasional date night. Not a dime for any albums although a college guy who lived across the road had plenty of vinyl. We played poker, drank his whiskey, and smoked his cigars until sun up. He had some Marty Robins. That guy was a bad influence on me because I still drink whiskey and smoke cigars....and know who Marty Robbins is/was.

FJ's are the Mercedes of the off road crowd. I see a lot of those where i live. You would think they still make those.

OK boomer.
    I just might have spent hours in my room as a child practicing my fast draw to Marty Robbins, or maybe it was hours alone in my room with Catherine Bach and Dukes of Hazard, but I digress.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    One small step for mobs, one giant leap toward a failed state.
    it just shows.........I need to do an inventory of my ammo!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Then, you've got Little Johnny Crotchrocket in Lansing. Here's doughnut roll homeboy pointing an AR at him and he wants to argue, when he could have easily turned his bike around and driven off. I recently read an editorial wherein the author described Americans as being masters at "you're not the boss of me". He's right. "Don't tread on me" was 18th century speak for "fuck you". We're seeing the negative side of that ethos combined with a large case of felony stupid.
    Where might I subscribe to your news letter?

And as a dude who commutes on a motorcycle daily that one had me really shaking my head too. Dumbass, he had plenty of time and space to avoid that whole situation.

And to the riders on the forum, if you can’t hang a u turn on a motorcycle within the width of two parking spaces without putting your foot down, go to an empty parking lot and practice until you can. Also, get some practice hopping curbs if you have enough ground clearance and get comfortable with the idea of lane splitting and taking advantage of your bikes small size in relation to cars to avoid situations like this.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I grew up on Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, The Everly Brothers, I Love Lucy, Dragnet, and Adam 12.
    We can hang out.

User Tag List