Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta motorist with rifle case

Atlanta motorist with rifle case

Normally I would write something, but the news clip makes it pretty cut and dry in my opinion. The IQ of the "protester" is laughable, I think he might be high?

https://www.cbs46.com/news/atlanta-p...4435557ca.html
    #RESIST

#RESIST

"I'm pretty sure that's attempted... something..."

Yup... Maybe you should allow peaceful traffic to leave if they want and not try to hold them hostage with your body...

I'm sick and tired of the news calling these protests "peaceful" or "mostly peaceful". Having armed roadblocks and shooting at people is not peaceful by any standard.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Lots of LEOs and legal people here so I hope this can be fleshed out.
    What are the legal aspects of this? People blocking the road and other people saying no Im not going to be blocked.
    Does this fall under pedestrians have the right of way or do the drivers have rights?
    What happens when as in the video it appears the guy in the vest had a hand on a gun.
    A lot of variables in any possible scenario.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Second video further down in the OP link...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Lots of LEOs and legal people here so I hope this can be fleshed out.
    What are the legal aspects of this? People blocking the road and other people saying no Im not going to be blocked.
    Does this fall under pedestrians have the right of way or do the drivers have rights?
    What happens when as in the video it appears the guy in the vest had a hand on a gun.
    A lot of variables in any possible scenario.
    The biggest takeaway right now is people are getting charged for hitting the road blockers. I don't think it'll be a fun trial for the prosecutor, personally, but that's going to be cold comfort to the people being criminally charged, especially when protesters are *CLEARLY* jumping up on the hood of the vehicle.

My opinion is that at the least they are committing obstruction of traffic, a misdemeanor locally. An argument could be made for criminal confinement, but that's historically been an uphill battle. If the car can't be left where it's at safely if you were to exit, that's in your favor. If the car was not yet mobile and can be left there (ie, in a parking spot) then the prosecutor locally has argued you can't confine a vehicle and the owner/occupant was free to leave. That has *not* applied when the vehicle would be in danger if left, such as a repo man's truck in an irate customer's driveway. So a lot of context matters.

Except now, when politics may matter more.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The biggest takeaway right now is people are getting charged for hitting the road blockers. I don't think it'll be a fun trial for the prosecutor, personally, but that's going to be cold comfort to the people being criminally charged, especially when protesters are *CLEARLY* jumping up on the hood of the vehicle.

My opinion is that at the least they are committing obstruction of traffic, a misdemeanor locally. An argument could be made for criminal confinement, but that's historically been an uphill battle. If the car can't be left where it's at safely if you were to exit, that's in your favor. If the car was not yet mobile and can be left there (ie, in a parking spot) then the prosecutor locally has argued you can't confine a vehicle and the owner/occupant was free to leave. That has *not* applied when the vehicle would be in danger if left, such as a repo man's truck in an irate customer's driveway. So a lot of context matters.

How about one of the "protesters" pointing a rifle at the car?

Drivers lawyer seems to indicate one of the people outside was making a move with a rifle.

How is threat viewed if there are firearms visible. How is it viewed if a person has their hand on a holstered weapon.

So if a person finds their self in this situation call 911 and sit it out is the best option?
    If my assumption that the guy in the vest has his hand on a gun does that change the options?

User Tag List