Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZRODELTA Modulus Modular Glock

ZRODELTA Modulus Modular Glock

Here's something we've not seen much about. Unlike other "glocks" on the market, this one uses an aluminum frame.

CCF Race Frames did a metal glock some years ago albeit without the modularity.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...delta-modulus/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Necrobump - has anyone spent any time with one of these over the past year or so? Curious if there’s any solid reason to look at one over an MR920.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Necrobump - has anyone spent any time with one of these over the past year or so? Curious if there’s any solid reason to look at one over an MR920.
    Well, the Modulus has modularity as part of its feature set while the Shadow Systems does not. I'd say the ZEV is its closest competitor.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'll add:

Price seems pretty fair considering what you get. The base G19 pattern is under a Grand so it beats the ZEV immediately in that regard.

Machined aluminum frame is a neat idea although probably "overkill" for a 9mm handgun.

Two things I think ZRO could have done/should do:

Produce a longer beavertail option. The "extended" one isn't as extended as it could be. Just a tiny bit more would probably guarantee zero slide bite for shooters with the largest of hands.

The other thing is standardize on one dust cover and then lengthen the slide recoil spring tunnel as needed. It would simplify the frame and remove one additonal screw attachment point.

Thanks, I’m going to have to think this through a little more than normal.

I really like modularity, I’m not crazy about proprietary modularity. I’ve found a thread or two in my searches that indicate their website doesn’t show if anything is actually in stock. If it’s not in stock they may or may not notify you and if they do notify you they may or may not know when it will be back in stock. I’d certainly call to check before trying to order any accessories.

Aluminum might be overkill but no worse than the steel frame Walthers or metal frame 320.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Thanks, IÂ’m going to have to think this through a little more than normal.
    That's no way to buy a firearm!

I really like modularity, IÂ’m not crazy about proprietary modularity. IÂ’ve found a thread or two in my searches that indicate their website doesnÂ’t show if anything is actually in stock. If itÂ’s not in stock they may or may not notify you and if they do notify you they may or may not know when it will be back in stock. IÂ’d certainly call to check before trying to order any accessories.

Aluminum might be overkill but no worse than the steel frame Walthers or metal frame 320.
    As you may know, the MR920 is straight-up Gen4. Not really modular but certainly supported by the aftermarket so if SS goes out of business in a few years there won't be any reason the MR920 can't be kept in use. The DR920 is sort of a hybrid mix of Gen4 and 5 stuff. It is basically a Gen4 pistol with a long slide, barrel and grip.

The ZRO is sort of a mix unto itself. Mostly Gen3 (mag release is proprietary) G19 based so the above also applies. Anything that's likely to ever break or need replacing should fit right in. And even if ZRO goes out of business you can probably run a Brownell's G19L slide and barrel it you wanted to make a 17 or something. In fact the ZRO is probably the better choice in this regard since Gen3 is pretty much the aftermarket Glock standard.

I guess it comes down to cost, then. The MR920 is less expensive depending on who might have what actually in stock. The only other thing I can think it comment on is the optics cut. IIRC the ZRO is cut for an oddball US Optics and isn't RMR/SRO/Holosun compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That's no way to buy a firearm!
    I know, right? It’s a choice between the MR, ZRO or a birth year Colt. And I have to be an adult (against my will) so “all 3” isn’t an option.

Local place has MR920s on occasion so I’ll keep an eye out to handle one there and then decide.

I know, right? It’s a choice between the MR, ZRO or a birth year Colt.
    I'd probably buy the Colt...
    @Shadow has a ZEV and an MR920. Hopefully he will post up a compare-contrast for us.

I do like the concept of the ZEV. Especially the G19 size since it could be made into a G19, G45, G34 or G47. Hopefully at some point ZEV will make a short G26 grip frame so a shooter could assemble a G26 with 19 length slide.

So it looks like the Modulus is being re-launched as The One. I don't think the change in name will increase sales.

What should help with sales is the change from an aluminum frame to one made of plastic. And the corresponding lower price.

I kind of like the concept but ultimately don't know how much practical application it has.

https://zrodelta.com/the-one/

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I kind of like the concept but ultimately don't know how much practical application it has.
    Same here and to me it’s much like a Contender. My grand ideas of capitalizing on the concept and the realities of time, budget and actual usage are very far apart.

I’m still intrigued and interested in either version as a “just because” range toy though…

User Tag List