Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for properly specc’ed stripped lowers?

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Not trying to kill the messenger but that's a ridiculous price. For another $60 you can have an LMT MARS-L
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Not trying to kill the messenger but that's a ridiculous price. For another $60 you can have an LMT MARS-L
    Oh I agree about the price. But I know there have been BCM fanbois begging for stripped lowers for years and are probably willing to pay that.

I picked up a no logo spikes lower. Seems to be the same as any other quality lower I've had.

I ordered the Wilson lower and had my FFL send his license but haven’t heard anything since my initial order confirmation. I think I’ll give them a call today to make sure they got my FFL’s info.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Oh I agree about the price. But I know there have been BCM fanbois begging for stripped lowers for years and are probably willing to pay that.
    I’m not a fan boi, but was glad to have the link to make grabbing two quality lowers happen. I’m fully aware demand is high. I accept the high price is a result of my complaisance. I’ve been around long enough to know I should have grabbed some long ago.

Thanks for posting. I almost grabbed a BCM pistol a few weeks ago from Grant, but waited too long.

I haven't examined a lot of lowers. I only had 2 for a long time: A Stag from circa 2007 and an Anderson from 2016. Didnt have a problem with either.

Stopped by a LGS on the way back from a match this weekend. They had a logo less Spikes Tactical for $95, so I picked it up. Didn't examine it too closely as I was worr out from being in the heat and humidity all day.

Examining it in detail today its pretty disappointing. It's missing a radius over the trigger guard and at the front takedown pin. The mag well also has a literall step in it near the trigger guard pin. GI mags can hang up on it depending on the angle of insertion. On the bright side everything fits.

My Anderson by comparison is better overall. Large radii where they should be, properly chamfered mag well, etc. Stag is the same way. Next time I'll pay closer attention.

Site Supporter
    Is Zev gtg? I've got a Mega billet that I am very happy with and saw two Zev forged lowers in the LGS yesterday for $125 each. Almost took them both but I don't really have a need for either. Starting to regret that a bit and considering going back for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Is Zev gtg? I've got a Mega billet that I am very happy with and saw two Zev forged lowers in the LGS yesterday for $125 each. Almost took them both but I don't really have a need for either. Starting to regret that a bit and considering going back for them.
    Zev purchased Mega a while ago. I believe Mega produces all the Zev lowers so they should be good to go.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Zev white labels lowers for several companies with cool kid rollmarks. They're typically good to go.

User Tag List