Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for properly specc’ed stripped lowers?

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Probably one of the nicest lowers for the money is the Wilson Combat mil-spec forged lower. Under $100, excellent quality, multi-cal marked, and has a cool kid rollmark.
    Going to order one for my wall. I've started collecting cool rollmarks when they are priced within reason.

Back to RR's question:
    I've built numerous PSA's and a couple of Anderson's (Poverty Ponies) just to be obstinate because, you know the internet sez they'll get you killed on da strretz. They all have worked fine.

I no longer use them because I don't like their rollmarks.

Most recently I've been using Alexandria Pro-Fab's because they only have the minimum markings required by BATFE (plus safe and semi). They are marked - Cal - Multi. I like them, a lot.

https://alexprofab.com/product/ar-15-lower-receiver/

I've also used Centurion, CMT, Sionics, Aero, and Noreen (back then they were also minimum markings but now I see they have their logo on the receiver and are apparently going the billet rather than forged route).

Myself, I would stick with forged lowers with whatever rollmark you like. I'm pretty much going with the Alexandria's from this point forward - replacing my cool logo receivers with them so I can use the logos on the wall.

For the upper, go with BCM blemished uppers at $59.95 complete unassembled.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    For the upper, go with BCM blemished uppers at $59.95 complete unassembled.
    Are these still available somewhere? BCM's site has them listed as sold out.

I’m waiting for Primary Arms to get some SOLGW Rebellious Stripes lowers back in stock.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Update: The minor safety fit problem appears to be a tolerance stacking issue between the Geiselle safety and the Aero lower. Swapping safeties with my Ruger AR556 results in two guns with properly fitting safeties.

ETA: On rereading Nephrology’s post I noticed one of his issues was with the trigger guard parts. I used a Magpul trigger guard set so no comments there - the Geiselle set is in a spare parts bin and will likely stay there.
    Last edited by Elwin; 07-05-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Are these still available somewhere? BCM's site has them listed as sold out.
    This has happened several times in the past, they will come back in stock, look in a week or sign up to be notified.

Colt LPK. You can order individual parts through Brownells.

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Probably one of the nicest lowers for the money is the Wilson Combat mil-spec forged lower. Under $100, excellent quality, multi-cal marked, and has a cool kid rollmark.
    I've never bought lowers during, or as a result of, a panic. Elections, post mass-shootings, never. Somehow, it all feels different now.

At $94.95 with free shipping and in stock, how could I not squirrel some of those away? I like the basic roll marks as well. My kids and I thank you. Not so much the wife, but the rest of us thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post

Most recently I've been using Alexandria Pro-Fab's because they only have the minimum markings required by BATFE (plus safe and semi). They are marked - Cal - Multi. I like them, a lot.

https://alexprofab.com/product/ar-15-lower-receiver/
    I can definitely appreciate the lack of frou-frou on losers. I don’t need one right now but thanks for the link!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I've never bought lowers during, or as a result of, a panic. Elections, post mass-shootings, never. Somehow, it all feels different now.

At $94.95 with free shipping and in stock, how could I not squirrel some of those away? I like the basic roll marks as well. My kids and I thank you. Not so much the wife, but the rest of us thank you.
    Where are you finding these available for $95 with free shipping? The Wilson web store lists them for $110 and they’re all out of stock.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Where are you finding these available for $95 with free shipping? The Wilson web store lists them for $110 and they’re all out of stock.

ETA: Here.... https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Receive...2DLOWER%2DANO/
    Last edited by StraitR; 07-08-2020 at 09:39 AM.

User Tag List