Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Who do we like for properly specc’ed stripped lowers?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    Is Zev gtg? I've got a Mega billet that I am very happy with and saw two Zev forged lowers in the LGS yesterday for $125 each. Almost took them both but I don't really have a need for either. Starting to regret that a bit and considering going back for them.
    Zev bought Mega and they have been smart enough to no kill the golden goose.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    JSE Surplus has plenty of Mega forged lowers in stock, both under their own (JSE) and Mega brands.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

For those looking for LPK's, Primary Arms has the SOLGW blaster starter kits (no trigger) back in stock. Hit the Primary Arms link in the menu bar to support PF.

I mostly assembled my Wilson Combat anodized lower last night. I didn’t find any weird imperfections or odd machining marks so the QC looked pretty solid. The anodizing was a very dark black. The space where an auto sear would install if the lower had a third pin hole is a little narrower than the ones in the Colt, BCM, and PSA lowers I compared it to. I don’t know if you’d be able to install the sear without having to mill out some metal if you were an SOT FFL and felt like turning the lower into a machine gun. The only real complaint I have is that I’ve never had to work so hard to install the trigger guard roll pin in a lower before. This is probably the fifth or sixth lower I’ve assembled and I never remember having to work so hard to get that roll pin installed. I was using a Magpul trigger guard and also found it more difficult than normal to screw in the little set screw at the front of the trigger guard than normal. Maybe the pin/screw were at the larger end of the tolerance range and the trigger guard pin holes in the lower were at the smaller end. Otherwise everything was pretty uneventful. All that’s left is waiting for my castle nut to come in as the manufacturer accidentally left it out of the receiver extension kit I ordered. They immediately sent one out when I contacted them. Shouldn’t be much longer.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Wow, what a difference a month or two makes. I finally gathered what I needed to put together a 9mm pistol. My plan was to swap it and my 5.56 upper back and forth on my pistol lower. However, the mag well is so tight on that lower the 9mm adapter block won't fit. No problem I will just pick up another lower. It didn't take long for me to remember about the COVID/riot pricing and availability. $84.99 as of this moment. They had some for $74.99 yesterday. There is a "kosher" lower for $69.99 but I'm not Jewish.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List