Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for properly specc’ed stripped lowers?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Sionics Weapon Systems and Sons of Liberty Gun Works are my picks for lower parts kits. Affordable and really high quality.
    This ^^^^

The best lower parts are made by Schmid tool, it is where most of the quality brands source their LPKs.

In addition to Sionics and SOLGW, they are available from Brownells and under other labels such as BCM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    For LPKs I've also had good luck with White Oak Armament and CMMG too.

The Geissele (or maybe ALG branded?) one I bought was awful, for what thats worth.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-28-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

The Geissele (or maybe ALG branded?) one I bought was awful, for what thats worth.
    Awful...how? Not attacking, genuinely curious.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    Awful...how? Not attacking, genuinely curious.
    Bolt catch roll pin was undersized, safety with spring/detent were super mushy, end plate just felt kinda cheap and pot metal-y, PG screw was too short.... Sort of the classic stuff that you would be disappointed by in a lower really.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I picked up an LPK on Geissele's BF sale, hoping to install it soon. Will post my findings.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I picked up an LPK on Geissele's BF sale, hoping to install it soon. Will post my findings.
    I picked up two on the BF sale. Both were good to go. One in a Geissele lower, the other an Aero.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

My go-to rifle and my SPR both have WOA kits in them, nothing bad to say and they were great since I didn’t have yet another mil-spec trigger or A2 pistol grip to throw in the parts bin. The rest of the guns have DPMS LPKs with ALG ACT triggers and I haven’t had any issues with installing them or parts breakages (though I’m not using most of those guns for anything serious).

Going forward, if I build anymore rifles (unlikely but who knows) I’ll get the parts from SOLGW or one of their vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Hmm. I have a new Aero lower on hand and a Geissele LPK on the way from Brownells. Hopefully that works out for me. I'll add my findings here as well, either way.

I had a surprise day off yesterday, so I was able to assemble my lower in time to test it out at today’s range trip. For me, everything went together just fine. No issues that I can see, aside from the safety fit. I like the safety a lot - it is very, very positive. On my lower though, there is just a bit of play. On the left side of the receiver (as in the side with the bolt catch) the safety has just a bit of back and forth movement. The lever doesn’t rotate at all until you want it to, but the safety drum on this side will move a tiny bit towards and away from the stock, of that makes sense. It isn’t a huge issue, but despite how much I like the positive clicks on it I may replace it down the road. It works fine though and I had no assembly or function issues. Sample of one and all, and Nephrology’s experience plus other reviews I’ve found since buying still seems reason enough for caution.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I had a surprise day off yesterday, so I was able to assemble my lower in time to test it out at today’s range trip. For me, everything went together just fine. No issues that I can see, aside from the safety fit. I like the safety a lot - it is very, very positive. On my lower though, there is just a bit of play. On the left side of the receiver (as in the side with the bolt catch) the safety has just a bit of back and forth movement. The lever doesn’t rotate at all until you want it to, but the safety drum on this side will move a tiny bit towards and away from the stock, of that makes sense. It isn’t a huge issue, but despite how much I like the positive clicks on it I may replace it down the road. It works fine though and I had no assembly or function issues. Sample of one and all, and Nephrology’s experience plus other reviews I’ve found since buying still seems reason enough for caution.
    I also installed one yesterday and everything seemed to check out/fit well for me in a Mega lower. That said, I did not use their safety so can’t comment on any issues there.

User Tag List