Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for properly specc’ed stripped lowers?

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    The black anodized models were $94.95, but now appear to be gone. They were still up and showing in-stock after my purchase and post last night.
    Thanks. I’ll start checking their web store periodically then. I’m a lower receiver away from assembling my pistol.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Thanks. I’ll start checking their web store periodically then. I’m a lower receiver away from assembling my pistol.
    Found them and edited previous post. See above.

Found them and edited previous post. See above.
    Thanks! I’ll try and place an order today. The page says shipping is $10. How did you get it shipped free?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Thanks! I’ll try and place an order today. The page says shipping is $10. How did you get it shipped free?
    My shipping charge was $0.00 for UPS Ground service, so I just assumed. Maybe because I bought more than one?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Probably one of the nicest lowers for the money is the Wilson Combat mil-spec forged lower. Under $100, excellent quality, multi-cal marked, and has a cool kid rollmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I am not planning on buying parts for any more builds, but I would try that at the price. Will hopefully be assembling one of their barrels into a Mega upper soon, and it's a nice piece. In distribution, the price is excellent for what you get.

I can't find anyone else selling the receivers at discounted prices, only marked up, which suggests WC is selling them retail with reasonable margins and not discounting them into distribution.
    Just looked at the details on the site. Hadn't noticed before, partly because I didn't have a good enough imagination to think of it, that the WC receivers are not anodized. Instead, they get WC's "Armor Tuff" coating finish. That's far enough away from anything like Mil spec for me to look elsewhere.

Black Armor-Tuff® finish. “Multi” caliber marked. Not “T” Marked for a custom look.

GI style Upper and Lower machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum USA-sourced forgings.
    M4-style feedramps for flawless feeding.
    Will accept all mil-spec parts.
    Multi caliber Markings
    Armor-Tuff® finish
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Just looked at the details on the site. Hadn't noticed before, partly because I didn't have a good enough imagination to think of it, that the WC receivers are not anodized. Instead, they get WC's "Armor Tuff" coating finish. That's far enough away from anything like Mil spec for me to look elsewhere.
    the ones linked-to above appear to be anodized.

• 7075-T6 forgings machined to Mil-Spec Plus tolerances
    • Mil-Spec type 3 hard anodize black finish
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Wilson sells an anodized lower. See @StraitR’s link a few posts up.

ETA: looks like Rob S beat me to it.

All of the Wilson Combat forged mil-spec lowers are type 3 hard anodized finished. You can get straight anodized finish in any color you want as long as it's black or pick from several flavors of armor tuff which is added on top of the anodized finish.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Wow. Posting something and immediately having three people point out I'm factually wrong in an easily verifiable way is not an experience I'm used to.

Had to figure out what went wrong. I had gone to the WC site directly, and drilled down into their stripped receivers through the matched set category. In the page for matched sets, there is no differentiation in the descriptions. I even went up from the specific product page I quoted and checked the index page again.

Complicated way to figure out that if you want just the basic, anodized version, you have to order them individually.

$160 for an upper/lower combo with WC's likely machining quality doesn't totally suck.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Wow. Posting something and immediately having three people point out I'm factually wrong in an easily verifiable way is not an experience I'm used to. .
    Welcome to the club.

The only people who are never wrong are the ones who never speak up.

User Tag List