Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New hotness in kydex concealment holsters for G19

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Without dressing like a hobo, I have a lot of difficulty concealing a Glock IWB or OWB behind the hip. Since this thread is called “concealment,” are folks concealing their Glocks behind the hip in t shirts and polos, or going with Hawaii style shirts?
    I am 5' 8" tall, weigh about 170-175 lb., and wear a size 44 chest jacket and 34 waist pants.

I carry IWB at 3:30. This position is far enough back to take advantage of the hollow in my hip but not so far back that I get excessive printing when I bend at the waist. In this position, a Glock 26 disappears under a polo shirt. A Glock 19 will conceal, but I need to be more careful with shirt selection as well as bending at the waist. A Glock 19 will also eventually wear holes in my shirt, unlike the 26. Under a loose fitting sweater, either will conceal quite well, but under some of my tighter fitting sweater vests, the 19 becomes more difficult to conceal. Magazines for the 26 are the OEM 10 round magazines. I have tried +2 base pads, but did not like the result, and decided that the 10 round magazines best suit the purpose of this gun.

I do not buy my shirts oversize, but do not buy them skin tight either.

Current holsters for the 26 are an old SideArmor holster with Blade-Tech pull the dot belt loops, resulting in zero cant. For the 19, I have used a Blade-Tech IWB with FBI cant, but recently added a Streamlight TLR-7 and JMCK IWB #3 with 10 degree cant and widely spaced pull the dot loops.

In the past, I have carried the 26 much more often than the 19, but lately I carry a Sig P365 most of the time, using either flat base 10 round magazines for pocket carry or 12 round magazines for IWB carry. I am currently using a JMCK IWB #3 with a 10 degree cant and widely spaced pull the dot loops. This gun and IWB holster combination splits the difference between my 19 and 26 while being thinner than both.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Asking, not telling here... does Dale Fricke's stuff belong anywhere on this list? My go-to for IWB is an JMCK IWB #3 with PTD loops (already on the list), but I frequently hear good things about Fricke's products and often tempted by them.
    I bought a used HK45c, it came with a Dale Frickle Gidion. OWB, no guard. Two fixed kydex loops may take it off your list, but it was very well made. Low profile, great retention and it tucked the grip. Thicker kydex than the, JM and Dark Star holsters I ordered in late 2015. Sold the Frickle with the 45c, well paired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    There's a thread around here somewhere in which @Tony Mayer said he was working on an easily removable OWB holster. I'm not sure where that project currently stands.
    Right now it's stalled, but will circle back when I can. Friggin Pandemics are good for business apparently!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I've settled on the JM IWB#3 and the OWB #1. About 90% of the time, I carry IWB.

My IWB#3's use the plastic 1.5" clip and I've never had an issue with them. I'm on my third G19 IWB #3 holster. The other two have been loaned out and never found their way back.

The OWB#1 has a subtile design where the top of the belt loop reaches over the top of the holster and attaches from the front. I've found this design helps to pull the top of the gun into the body. For my build, this really helps with concealment. Tony used to make a single magazine pouch that was an OWB with the same design of belt loops. I own one for a Glock 9mm and one for an M&P 9mm. Those never get loaned out as Tony no longer has them on his site so I can't replace them if my loans forget to return home.

I can't complain too much about the loaned holsters, they went to my kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I've settled on the JM IWB#3 and the OWB #1.
    FWIW, this is the route I wound up going. DCC Monoblock on the #3 with adjustable cant. 1.5" loops on the #1 with 10-degree cant (yeah, I'm old). Went with FDE for both as well as mid-guard.

Ordered today via the "quick ship" selection.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I'm a big fan of the Tenicor Velo4 with a G19. I also like the Vedder iwb holsters. The clip they use isn't bad and the price is right. Tons of gun options

Another vote for JMCK here.

Wing Claw 2.0 w/ one RCS tuckable strutw/PDS loop, disappears AIWB under tucked in shirt 5 days a week, still managing avg. 1.6 sec first hit/7 yards.

I like th molded-in extra tuck.

Standard AIWB other days.

G19 for me conceals fine up front or on the side, IWB. Still using a Blade Tech Ultimate Klipt for that occasionally, but will eventually get a JMCK, probably a #3, for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    FWIW, this is the route I wound up going. DCC Monoblock on the #3 with adjustable cant. 1.5" loops on the #1 with 10-degree cant (yeah, I'm old). Went with FDE for both as well as mid-guard.

Ordered today via the "quick ship" selection.
    Holsters arrived. After some confusion on my part that Tony straightened me out on via email, they look great!

Name:  IMG_2849.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2851.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  56.6 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Without dressing like a hobo, I have a lot of difficulty concealing a Glock IWB or OWB behind the hip. Since this thread is called “concealment,” are folks concealing their Glocks behind the hip in t shirts and polos, or going with Hawaii style shirts?

We have a very similar build and I can’t hide a glock 19 strongside iwb without wearing 90’s style giant shirts. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to leave the house like that.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Purged all of my old kydex gear and now I’m looking to start from scratch. Wondering what the new hotness is for kydex IWB and OWB for Glock 19s these days. Looking for one of each. Carried just behind the right hip in both cases.
    Tenicor
    JM Custom Kydex

User Tag List