Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New hotness in kydex concealment holsters for G19

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Without dressing like a hobo, I have a lot of difficulty concealing a Glock IWB or OWB behind the hip. Since this thread is called “concealment,” are folks concealing their Glocks behind the hip in t shirts and polos, or going with Hawaii style shirts?
    All of the above. I'll take open front (flannel or Hawaiian) when I can, but more often it's something like an Under Armour tshirt or a polo.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Purged all of my old kydex gear and now I’m looking to start from scratch. Wondering what the new hotness is for kydex IWB and OWB for Glock 19s these days. Looking for one of each. Carried just behind the right hip in both cases.
    FIST #1K has been and continues to be my fave for thin IWB kydex. Dale Fricke Gideon for OWB.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Without dressing like a hobo, I have a lot of difficulty concealing a Glock IWB or OWB behind the hip. Since this thread is called “concealment,” are folks concealing their Glocks behind the hip in t shirts and polos, or going with Hawaii style shirts?
    Shit. I’m a skinnier frame than you and handily conceal 43X in t shirts that still highlight my beach pecs.
    And same holster for a 19X with only a slosh more shirt.

FIST #1k FBI cant FTW
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

JM Custom#3 is the best kydex IWB holster made, IMHO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Asking, not telling here... does Dale Fricke's stuff belong anywhere on this list? My go-to for IWB is an JMCK IWB #3 with PTD loops (already on the list), but I frequently hear good things about Fricke's products and often tempted by them.
    Dale makes great gear. If I were going to order a holster for OWB carry that doesn't have a retention function, I'd buy a Gideon Elite and be done with it. All of the holsters I've ever bought from him have completely open bottoms and are still comfortable to carry. I think the nicely rounded edges on the super thick kydex help with this. My ArchAngels will work for a G26 through a G34. If you have any questions, Dale has always been quick to respond to my questions and work through ideas with me.

Seems like there are a lot of IWB holsters with the attachment point right over the gun, vs the “wing” style. I used to carry in the OG Raven style and Sparks VM2 style with the attachment points outbound of the gun which I. Felt like gave me more stability and wasn’t as “fat” in the pants requiring less upsizing and discomfort. Any thoughts there?
    Maybe what is old is new again, I started buying Raven holsters when Michael was renting a single table at the Ohio Gun Collectors show, way back when it was still in Columbus, and this is also something I liked. Now I am a double dipped JMCK fanboy and ya got me thinking there might be an adaptation here:
    Name:  Hmmmmm.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  57.3 KB

ETA: Maybe with these, they are 1.75" but with the spacing that would probably be fine:
    Name:  Maybe.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  21.4 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-24-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Maybe what is old is new again, I started buying Raven holsters when Michael was renting a single table at the Ohio Gun Collectors show, way back when it was still in Columbus, and this is also something I liked. Now I am a double dipped JMCK fanboy and ya got me thinking there might be an adaptation here:
    Name:  Hmmmmm.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  57.3 KB

ETA: Maybe with these, they are 1.75" but with the spacing that would probably be fine:
    Name:  Maybe.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  21.4 KB
    There's a thread around here somewhere in which @Tony Mayer said he was working on an easily removable OWB holster. I'm not sure where that project currently stands.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Purged all of my old kydex gear and now I’m looking to start from scratch. Wondering what the new hotness is for kydex IWB and OWB for Glock 19s these days. Looking for one of each. Carried just behind the right hip in both cases.
    I've been a fan of 3i Holsters in Zanesville, OH for OWB. Really like his stuff and Scott is a great guy. He does IWB, but I do not have any of his stuff for that. ETA: One thing I *really* like about Scott's stuff is the clips are outboard of the gun, so they feel really slim.

http://www.3iholsters.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    There's a thread around here somewhere in which @Tony Mayer said he was working on an easily removable OWB holster. I'm not sure where that project currently stands.
    My scheme was converting the OWB-1 to IWB in a manner that RCS did in the early days. They maintained their rivet spacing as a standard and made a variety of attachments that could be bolted to the single holster design.

I use JM Custom and Fricke--work well, as noted by others.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List