Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USAF issuing SIG M18s

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Sailors are apparently even weaker than Zoomies. USN is getting "special" M18s with three 17-round magazines - Navy don't want no extended mags!
    I'm surprised the Navy's even getting them. They're normally at the back of the line for small arms.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm surprised the Navy's even getting them. They're normally at the back of the line for small arms.
    They are, but they're doing it differently than the Army and the Air Force. Instead of just replacing all their M9s and the Corps' M9A1s, they're only replacing pistols when they reach end of life cycle, so the Corps will have their A1s until the mid 2020s according to the last report I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The Combat Arms program manager sent out a message to the shops that had their pistols to see if anyone else had experienced it yet. The guns are out there, when we were coming home from our last deployment, the inbound cats that were replacing one of our neighbor squadrons had a mix of M18s and M9s.
    Yeah I know they’re around, my work gun is an M17. I was saying that I’m surprised I hadn’t heard about the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm aware M-18s are only with Security Forces at this point. Still think there are M-9s in the inventory for aircrew. This thread has peaked my curiosity so I'll check in with AFE next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Garand Thumb shows us an M18:

https://youtu.be/q6Awg_qy0Io

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Most of these videos have far too much talk. More action and less talk.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    As far as I'm aware M-18s are only with Security Forces at this point. Still think there are M-9s in the inventory for aircrew. This thread has peaked my curiosity so I'll check in with AFE next week.
    My co-worker is deployed to AFG with the USAF reserves and they are still rocking M9s.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I shot an M15 at USAFA basic training in ‘90. They had M9s when I worked as cadre two years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I arrived there in '92. No M15's just the M9 then.
    As far as I'm aware M-18s are only with Security Forces at this point. Still think there are M-9s in the inventory for aircrew.
    I suspect the M9's will be around for a while.

I was a B-52 guy and we went through Desert Storm in 1991 and post Desert Storm, admittedly a BRAC base closure in 1994, and never saw an M9.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I suspect the M9's will be around for a while.

I was a B-52 guy and we went through Desert Storm in 1991 and post Desert Storm, admittedly a BRAC base closure in 1994, and never saw an M9.
    Circa the same timeframe, the Navy, at least on my ship, was state of the art... for Vietnam, 1965... 1911's, 870's, M-14's, M-79's...

OSI should have them, but yeah only OSI, cops and CATM have them so far. Aircrews gonna have M9s for a while

11 million for 125000 pistols, that's $176 each.. Sounds like a deal IF they run like they're supposed to..

User Tag List