Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USAF issuing SIG M18s

USAF issuing SIG M18s

https://www.upi.com/Defense-News/202...4411592840668/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Article is a little behind the times. I was seeing M18s in USAF Security Forces holsters 6 months ago.

I'd be pretty amazed if OSI was still issuing M15s, as well. I've never heard of any of my AFOSI buddies mention them. @jetfire , is that something you guys still train them on?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Article is a little behind the times. I was seeing M18s in USAF Security Forces holsters 6 months ago.

I'd be pretty amazed if OSI was still issuing M15s, as well. I've never heard of any of my AFOSI buddies mention them. @jetfire , is that something you guys still train them on?
    I think they may have meant the M11. I retired in 2011 and the S&W M15 was gone long before that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

There was just a thing a few months ago about the USAF Phasing our the very last M15s, all of which were used as blank fire guns for the K9 training program.

AFOSI had a mix of M11s and P229s - they are being replaced with standard Black P320 compact or carry models without a thumb Safety.

AFOSI has both MIL and civilian SAs - I don’t know if it makes any difference and the mill guys will get M18s but both civilian SA’s I deal with swapped for p320s in 2018.

Site Supporter
    I saw M17's and M18's in various holsters 'over there' starting in Nov-Dec last year.

I'm just surprised the AF doesn't have their own blue colored grip modules yet.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm just surprised the AF doesn't have their own blue colored grip modules yet.
    I'm sure they're working on something unique

What surprises me is that it appears only the Army went with the full-size M17.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I'm sure they're working on something unique

What surprises me is that it appears only the Army went with the full-size M17.
    Rest can't carry the extra weight of a full size.

I'm curious if adoption of the M18 will finally kill the 1911 in the last holdouts of the Corps, or if it's going to stick around side-by-side the M18...
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Rest can't carry the extra weight of a full size.
    Or...they figured why should they?

User Tag List