Thread: Co-witnessed sights for Walther Q5 Match ?

Co-witnessed sights for Walther Q5 Match ?

To my surprise Dawson Precision does not make co-witnessed sight for a Walther Q5 Match (polymer). Do you know of any other resource?

Quote Originally Posted by RDK View Post
    To my surprise Dawson Precision does not make co-witnessed sight for a Walther Q5 Match (polymer). Do you know of any other resource?
    Wouldn’t that require someone make an adapter plate with a spot for a rear sight? The Q5 rear is part of the adapter plate. Or you would need to mill a spot in front of the adapter plate for a rear sight.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The Walther Q5 has plates to install various red dot sights, including the Trijicon RMR that I have installed. The difficulty is precisely that I have not found anyone that makes sights that can be installed with this setup and that can co-witness.

The Walther Q5 has plates to install various red dot sights, including the Trijicon RMR that I have installed. The difficulty is precisely that I have not found anyone that makes sights that can be installed with this setup and that can co-witness.
    Right. That’s what I’m getting at. You need a plate like this for a Walther (which I don’t think exists):

http://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-x-...-adapter-plate

Or you can buy a Shield RMSC and a Shield adapter. The built in rear sight on the RMSC co-witnesses with the front factory sight. At least it did on my Q5 Match when I had one.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

You are exactly right! After your post I had a longer conversation with Dawson Precision in order to fully understanding the issue. I have to admit that it surprising to me that Walther makes a pistol setup to make it easy (and economical) to install red dot sight, but it is not simple at all to co-witness the sights.
    I appreciate your recommendation for s Shield RMSC. I did get in touch with Walther to see if they have an additional recommendation, and I am curious to hear back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Right. That’s what I’m getting at. You need a plate like this for a Walther (which I don’t think exists):

http://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-x-...-adapter-plate

Or you can buy a Shield RMSC and a Shield adapter. The built in rear sight on the RMSC co-witnesses with the front factory sight. At least it did on my Q5 Match when I had one.
    a

Is this to be a carry or competition pistol?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You are exactly right! After your post I had a longer conversation with Dawson Precision in order to fully understanding the issue. I have to admit that it surprising to me that Walther makes a pistol setup to make it easy (and economical) to install red dot sight, but it is not simple at all to co-witness the sights.
    I appreciate your recommendation for s Shield RMSC. I did get in touch with Walther to see if they have an additional recommendation, and I am curious to hear back.

a
    No problem. If this is a game gun and you want to stick w an RMR and have back up sights, I would mark the exact center of the back of the RMR w a strait vertical line. Then figure out what height fiber optic front sight to need to be zeroed at your distance of choice when placing the round FO on top of the line to form a lollipop. If that makes sense.

Edit: like this set up (pic found on interwebz)

Name:  D3D7CF47-D15E-427F-8CB1-BC9318A72B25.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  31.6 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Walther Arms confirmed this morning that at this point there do not seem to be any sights to co-witness with the Q5 Match. They mentioned that the are working on it, but that it is some time out

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No problem. If this is a game gun and you want to stick w an RMR and have back up sights, I would mark the exact center of the back of the RMR w a strait vertical line. Then figure out what height fiber optic front sight to need to be zeroed at your distance of choice when placing the round FO on top of the line to form a lollipop. If that makes sense.

Edit: like this set up (pic found on interwebz)

Name:  D3D7CF47-D15E-427F-8CB1-BC9318A72B25.jpg
Views: 800
Size:  31.6 KB

Scott Jedlinski has posted pictures of a Walther Q4 with a sight plate with some sort of backup sight, and I have seen others, but I can not find anything online anywhere. Maybe he can tell us? @AsianJedi

User Tag List