Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ZEV Technologies OZ9

Quote Originally Posted by g45c View Post
    Do you really think the "glock Gadget" is that necessary? I've never given a second thought to buying one.
    The Gadget is the primary reason that Glocks have remained my go-to striker guns even after multiple generations of arguably better striker guns from various manufacturers have been released. Every Glock I use for training/practice is equipped with one. If I could install them on my work Glocks, I would do so without a second thought. They provide a huge safety benefit without any negatives other than cost. I wish all guns came with some kind of hammer/Gadget capability.

One thing that has been discussed numerous times on this forum is whether or not the ability to quickly reholster a pistol, potentially without the chance to look the gun into the holster, is a necessary skill for gun carriers. Many experienced forum members believe it is an important skill for LEOs and private citizens. I happen to agree and can imagine numerous scenarios where the threat has changed from a potential shooting problem to a hands on problem quickly. The Gadget makes doing so safer because it allows you to feel any pressure that’s being exerted on the trigger while reholstering. If possible, I always look the gun into the holster when reholstering. The Gadget is an additional layer of safety on top of that. If I don’t have the opportunity to look the gun into the holster, at least the Gadget would allow me to know that something is going wrong in the holstering process so I don’t shoot myself. I’d rather have to wrestle someone with a gun in my hand because I couldn’t holster safely than wrestle someone with both hands free but with a gunshot wound to my lower body from holstering with an obstruction that caught the trigger.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Do you really think the "glock Gadget" is that necessary? I've never given a second thought to buying one.
    That's about akin to being in texas and saying you don't think brisket is all that great. It provides a great peace of mind if you're carrying a glock AIWB.

I'm not a LEO and can't imagine a situation I might find myself in that would dictate I re-holster in a rush. Re-holster CAREFULLY is what I have been taught to do, how I've trained, and conditioned myself to do. I've carried a Glock every day for several years, shot USPSA and local carry gun matches and I've never been concerned about an ND in the process of re-holstering. It seems that's not a popular opinion here and maybe I'm naive but I feel completely safe without a Gadget I don't think any form of active safety mechanism should be relied on to prevent a negligent discharge. Just my .02
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." Jeff Cooper

I'm not a LEO and can't imagine a situation I might find myself in that would dictate I re-holster in a rush.
    You’re at the mall when someone goes active shooter. You shoot the bad guy and they’re down. Police and other ccw citizens, who only know they’re looking for a man with a gun and plan to shoot that man the second they see him, are moments away. You don’t want to be standing there with a gun in your hand when they arrive.

That’s just one possibility that’s been discussed here recently. There’s also the potential that something that started as a gun problem suddenly becomes a hands-on problem. Less likely for a private citizen than for an LEO but not so unlikely that it shouldn’t be taken seriously.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    You’re at the mall when someone goes active shooter. You shoot the bad guy and they’re down. Police and other ccw citizens, who only know they’re looking for a man with a gun and plan to shoot that man the second they see him, are moments away. You don’t want to be standing there with a gun in your hand when they arrive.

That’s just one possibility that’s been discussed here recently. There’s also the potential that something that started as a gun problem suddenly becomes a hands-on problem. Less likely for a private citizen than for an LEO but not so unlikely that it shouldn’t be taken seriously.
    If you have "moments" you have time to re-holster safely and training is how you re-holster safely if you only have moments. If you are not cognizant to re-holster safely what makes you think you'll remember to put your thumb on your gadget to prevent an ND? Where a gun problem becoming a "hands on" problem is concerned if a private citizen is justified in shooting someone I can't imagine how that could devolve to a hands on problem. I don't know about your State but when I've pointed a loaded gun at someone if it's not justified I've committed a felony.
    If you want to relegate your safety to any sort of gadget it's your decision. It's never a good idea to depend on any mechanical device to rescue you from having your head somewhere other than on the task at hand in a life and death situation.

If you have "moments" you have time to re-holster safely and training is how you re-holster safely if you only have moments. If you are not cognizant to re-holster safely what makes you think you'll remember to put your thumb on your gadget to prevent an ND? Where a gun problem becoming a "hands on" problem is concerned if a private citizen is justified in shooting someone I can't imagine how that could devolve to a hands on problem. I don't know about your State but when I've pointed a loaded gun at someone if it's not justified I've committed a felony.
    If you want to relegate your safety to any sort of gadget it's your decision. It's never a good idea to depend on any mechanical device to rescue you from having your head somewhere other than on the task at hand in a life and death situation.
    I never said anything about depending entirely on the additional mechanical device for my safety needs. In fact, I stated in my first post that it supplemented other safety practices such as looking the gun into the holster. Anyway, the Gadget has been discussed, in depth, on this forum since before its release. I highly recommend you take a look through the giant thread about it. The discussion is off topic for this thread and we’ve drifted away from that topic enough.

You're right, off topic.. and on topic, I had a OZ9 for about a week.. I was impressed with the trigger group but not with the pistol. ZEV is good equipment but a little overpriced IMHO.

I'm not a LEO and can't imagine a situation I might find myself in that would dictate I re-holster in a rush. Re-holster CAREFULLY is what I have been taught to do, how I've trained, and conditioned myself to do. I've carried a Glock every day for several years, shot USPSA and local carry gun matches and I've never been concerned about an ND in the process of re-holstering. It seems that's not a popular opinion here and maybe I'm naive but I feel completely safe without a Gadget I don't think any form of active safety mechanism should be relied on to prevent a negligent discharge. Just my .02
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." Jeff Cooper
    In my experience, the people that think they’ll never have to re-holster “in a rush” are people that have never had to pull a gun on someone before.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I have no idea what's necessary for you.

Now that the option exists, I'd really prefer not to carry a Glock without one. Been using them for over half a decade now. Kinda gotten attached.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I've never been concerned about an ND in the process of re-holstering.
    It's exactly that attitude that should concern you, to be honest.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List