Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Methods of Carrying a Fixed Blade Knife Concealed

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Mummert clips are the secret sauce for me.
    Me too. Strider Tricon, Mummert clip, and a foam wedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rely on SFBs a lot. Clinch pick, as designed—especially in a Cecil/JMCK rig; pocket hook carry kydex with RE designs (Ban Tang Pikal, Calderon/Kopis L-via), AIWB with kydex and pul the dot loop, or these days, especially, AIWB old school:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I rely on SFBs a lot. Clinch pick, as designed—especially in a Cecil/JMCK rig; pocket hook carry kydex with RE designs (Ban Tang Pikal, Calderon/Kopis L-via), AIWB with kydex and pul the dot loop, or these days, especially, AIWB old school:
    What knife is that?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    What knife is that?
    A Halloran RD.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....pping-his-game

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Mummert clip
    It just grabs the edge of the pants material at the bottom of the belt?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It just grabs the edge of the pants material at the bottom of the belt?
    no, it grabs the belt. the tail of the belt is covering the clip

Where do you guys like to carry, if not carrying centerline? I've had no end of problems finding a comfortable place to put a fixed blade.

I can't get comfortable with centerline carry when seated, especially in a bucket-seated car.

I can't carry horizontally when I need to have a shirt tucked and honestly everything seems way too visible horizontal.

If I shift the grip vertical to my 2-o clock position, I'll catch it occasionally on my strong-side gun draw

My gun is at 3 to 330.

If I put the blade at 4 it also seems to sometimes shift to cover my gun rather than remaining completely verticle.

I've considered trying to switch to some sort of pocket holster.

Site Supporter
    At least 95% of the time I carry a pocket-opening folder, and not a fixed blade. The gun, spare ammo, and possibly backup gun take priority in gear placement.

In every state in which I am likely to travel in which I cannot carry a gun, I also cannot carry a fixed blade.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter

Best Methods of Carrying a Fixed Blade Knife Concealed

One other option for carrying a fixed blade, at least if double edged knives are permitted, is Ken Null’s ankle sheath for a Gerber Guardian. It is made like his ankle holster, but positions the knife on the outside of the strong side leg.

I have one, but have only worn it briefly. Comfort and concealment are both excellent.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Where do you guys like to carry, if not carrying centerline? I've had no end of problems finding a comfortable place to put a fixed blade.

I can't get comfortable with centerline carry when seated, especially in a bucket-seated car.

I can't carry horizontally when I need to have a shirt tucked and honestly everything seems way too visible horizontal.

If I shift the grip vertical to my 2-o clock position, I'll catch it occasionally on my strong-side gun draw

My gun is at 3 to 330.

If I put the blade at 4 it also seems to sometimes shift to cover my gun rather than remaining completely verticle.

I've considered trying to switch to some sort of pocket holster.
    I don't carry right at center line. My clinch pick is left of center, 10-11 o'clock depending on the location of belt loops. My Halloran has moved around, either like Janitor's pick, or 3 o'clock (pistol is AIWB). I just got a Calderone fruit knife, and it's great in a pocket. To draw, the sheath catches the edge of the pocket, but I might mount it on a pocket shield.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List