Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Methods of Carrying a Fixed Blade Knife Concealed

Best Methods of Carrying a Fixed Blade Knife Concealed

Hello Everyone,

For those of you who carry a small (2.5” to 4” blade to medium (4” to 7”) sized fixed blade knife concealed in lieu of your pistol(s) what positions and sheaths have you found to be both concealable and comfortable?

Thank you for your input.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I should have added that I am in Texas so the majority of the year I would be concealing and accessing the knife from under an untucked shirt.

Thank you for your input.

Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For the CP and similar-sizes the horizontal/down-angled belt setup is pretty good, very accessible and okay with concealment, user dress-dependent.

For IWB sheaths the Sayoc clips are gamechanging. Many companies can make a custom sheath for a particular blade.

Probably would have better answers if you listed some potential blades you’re looking at carrying.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    When I'm unable to carry my g43, I carry my Izula in the factory sheath with a tek-lok clip vertical where my glock would be. I've been experimenting with a Dark Star Gear sheath, horizontal with a soft loop, at 11:00. I'm also experimenting with my TOPS mini scandi, horizontal, soft loop, at 11:00. Comfort-wise, carrying a knife in the same place and fashion as my pistol works best for me. I'm following this thread with interest.

Best Methods of Carrying a Fixed Blade Knife Concealed

Mummert clips are the secret sauce for me.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-22-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    With a closed front concealment garment like an untucked shirt, a Mickey Yurco palm knife works well on the belt, secured by a mini-Tec-Lock. Mine is set up for weak side carry.

A Chris Fry/Raven Concealment Pocket Shield is good for holding a fixed blade sheath in the proper position in a front pocket of dress slacks. The sheath that came with my Clinch Pick is attached to one. I also have Dark Star horizontal and vertical belt sheaths, which I have not yet used.

I occasionally carry a Bud Nealy Pesh Kabz hanging upside down from the inside pocket of a suit jacket or sport jacket.

It depends on what I'm carrying and what I'm wearing but I'll often clip a knife inside my waistband in an AIWB position, at an angle that lets it ride comfortably. Other times I'll carry one in my pocket in a sheath with a pocket hook.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    For IWB sheaths the Sayoc clips are gamechanging. Many companies can make a custom sheath for a particular blade.
    I really like the Sayoc iwb sheath setup. I'm currently using the Magnus from Amtac Blades. Really nice setup.

Kydex sheath with Discreet Carry Concepts clips has worked for me. They come in a variety of flavors, I'm sure you'll find one to suit your needs. https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/
    Since I don't carry a firearm, I am free to position the knife where for many people a AIWB rig would go: knife positioned slightly off the centerline, slightly angled to the outside so that the handle is out of the way when bending over.

I carry the Shivworks Push Dagger every single day with or without my pistol at 3 o clock. It is extremely comfortable and easy access. When I am in an NPE and have to wear a suit with a tucked shirt and a jacket the push dagger does not print at all. It has become one thing that I never leave home without because it is so easy to carry.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

User Tag List