Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pachmayr wraparound grips

Pachmayr wraparound grips

Looked on the forum, but didn't see anything specific, so my question. Does anyone use the Pachmayr grip #02921, also known as the "combat-style" grip? It wraps around the front strap, but is plain rubber, that is without finger grooves. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a pair. Just wanted input from any users out there. Thanks in advance!

Going on a full-size 1911.
    Last edited by JAH 3rd; 06-21-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Looked on the forum, but didn't see anything specific, so my question. Does anyone use the Pachmayr grip #02921, also known as the "combat-style" grip? It wraps around the front strap, but is plain rubber, that is without finger grooves. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a pair. Just wanted input from any users out there. Thanks in advance!
    1911’s are “shoot for fun” guns for me but I’m a fan of the PAC wrap arounds as I have large hands and like “grippy” grips.

The limitation is they don’t work with ambi safeties.

I had some a while back for my Colt. They are grippy, sticky even and that's why I took them off. Hard to manipulate the gun because they are so sticky, if I loosen my grip I want the gun to shift a little. I like a grippy handle and right now my formula is VZ Gunner grips with ladder tape on the front strap and a Hogue aluminum checkered mainspring housing.

I have used Pachmayr grips on 1911oids with flat mainspring housings for years and years.

They do work with ambi safeties other than Swenson design.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I have them on a Colt Gunsite pistol and put the same on a worked over 1911 I gave my son. They're good solid grips. Not optimum, as was mentioned up the thread, but a solid choice for guns with bare front straps.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I rarely see the Pachmeyers on 1911s anymore, but just for moto porpoises I will post up a very old set, w/o the medalion:

I just checked and there happens to be a set on gunbroker right now, w/o medallions.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/871469854

Name:  KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1175861.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  74.5 KB
    Name:  20200224_114205.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  104.6 KB
    Name:  1486848920310-1757008974-144804_JPG-855806.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  21.1 KB

Site Supporter
    I have set on my RIA 9mm, I like them because that are grippy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have used them minus the front strap piece by doing some surgery with an Xacto knife. They worked really well for me with 20 lpi checkering. That pistol also had a flat Pachmayr mainspring housing as it was built in the spirit of a Pachmayr Combat Special. The pistol is honorably retired from carrying, but I carried it for most of the 2000s.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Pachmayr grips are good to go. Some may point out that they don't support the plunger tube, however if you properly stake the tube there's less of a problem

I like them a lot. There's versions with and without a palmswell. I prefer without. They're a good addition to any 1911 without front strap checkering IMO.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List