Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hive Mind: Present Suppressor Best Picks

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Hive Mind: Present Suppressor Best Picks

I am totally ignorant of all things suppressors, and while I'm presently educating myself, I figured I would ask the folks here with hands-on experience what the present best options are. I'm looking to pick up a suppressor for a rifle up to .30 caliber and a suppressor for a 9mm pistol. I'm not particularly concerned about price if it'll last.

Suggestions? What do you look for and what do you avoid?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

How much money do you have? Do you have a preferred dealer?

What are you going to mount them on - what kind of rifle and pistol? A semi-auto AR would offer different choices than a bolt gun.

Pistols also offer a different path regarding mounts and boosters, based on how they operate.

And would these be for hunting, ear protection, defense in an enclosed space, or just general fun?

I have some, we could get together sometime and you could try before you buy.

I’d be looking at the Dead Air Nomad, Energetic Vox S, the YHM Resonator R2, and the Rex Silentium Mod X. Remember, those posted prices are NOT the PF prices

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/dea...iber/nomad-30/

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/ene...caliber/vox-s/

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/yhm...ber/resonator/

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/rex...ium-mod-x-308/
    #RESIST

Ditto on the resonator or yhm turbo.

My first, oldest and most abused can is an AAC M4-2k mod whatever.

It’s got about 20k through it..Almost all via a 12” SBR

Been back to Aac 2x to have the latch replaced (each time came back in 7 days with fresh paint)

It fits the 2 51T mounts I have with perfect lock up.

It’s still quiet. Thought the mount is arguably the shittiest there is

I wouldn’t buy a new one now. But this one has been good for me. Sometimes that happens even if the can you end up with isn’t the latest/greatest.

Hammertime
    I was super impressed with a guy shooting 5.56 through a can at the range the other day. It has me wanting one.

The issue is: I have a bunch of rifles and they all have A2 flash hiders. Is there a can that will work with that flash hider because I don’t really want to swap a bunch of muzzle devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I was super impressed with a guy shooting 5.56 through a can at the range the other day. It has me wanting one.

The issue is: I have a bunch of rifles and they all have A2 flash hiders. Is there a can that will work with that flash hider because I don’t really want to swap a bunch of muzzle devices?
    Gemtech Halo.

Griffin makes one too. Not sure what it’s called

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Gemtech Halo.

Griffin makes one too. Not sure what it’s called
    The Griffin is the M4SD. Like a lot of Griffin products it is a knock off of a Knight Armament product, in this case the QDSS/NT4.

If I could do it all again, the only cans I would buy again are my SF mini and my Thunderbeasts. I would probably buy TBAC cans for everything else.

My AAC and SiCo cans have been disappointing in various ways.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If I could do it all again, the only cans I would buy again are my SF mini and my Thunderbeasts. I would probably buy TBAC cans for everything else.

My AAC and SiCo cans have been disappointing in various ways.
    Yea. I bought a triple pack of saker 556s.

The cans themselves are okay. No end cap blow outs on mine. But the mount is trash.

Yhms Adapter is the best mod. But $180 for the part alone. Plus mounts. SF or knights is less hassle

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Yea. I bought a triple pack of saker 556s.

The cans themselves are okay. No end cap blow outs on mine. But the mount is trash.

Yhms Adapter is the best mod. But $180 for the part alone. Plus mounts. SF or knights is less hassle
    I upgraded all of my Sakers to the Griffin taper mount from Hansohn Brothers, highly recommended. Weight save, length reduced, and it’s reliable.
    #RESIST

User Tag List