Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 sights

Glock Gen 5 sights

I am looking for sights for my new Gen 5 17. Most sights specify if the are for Gen 5 or for older Gen.

Looking at the Trijicon HD, they do not specify which Gen. Do the they work on all?

Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    I am looking for sights for my new Gen 5 17. Most sights specify if the are for Gen 5 or for older Gen.

Looking at the Trijicon HD, they do not specify which Gen. Do the they work on all?
    I was told by the Blue Label distributor I bought my Gen 5 G26 from a few weeks back, that my HDs that predate Gen 5 would not work on the firearm. (I had a spare pair I was planning to use.)

He said they would not shoot to POA. I am only going on his word. I had the AmeriGlo Bolds installed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Trijicon wanted my slide for 2-3 weeks when my HDs were 8-10 high at 25 yards. After saying they are combat sights who shoots at 25. But if I wanted they would fix it. (In other words FU).

Ameriglo sent me the new sight and said return the other when you get it.

Going forward I know what sights I will choose.

The Ameriglo agents are really good. I installed them on dads 19x and I’m really starting to prefer those to the Dawson fibers that I typically run on everything. As a bonus nothing on them is sharp.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

My Gen 5 19 shoots pretty close to POA= POI with 147gr RA9T, and a bit lower with 115gr ball ammo, both at 25 yards. It has the standard glock plastic front sight, and a 6.1 rear. I prefer the impact point to be top of the front sight at 25 yards with my carry ammo (RA9T)... so I shopped around a bit, and decided to go with Ameriglo/Glock "Bold" sights, but to get a sight that split the difference between the Gen3/4 front sight height of .180" and the Gen5 height of .200", which should raise the impact just a smidge vs the stock glock sights.

I called and special ordered a set of Ameriglo sights, asking for the "Bold" rear, and a .190" high .125" wide green front sight... clear back on the 27th of May... and I have yet to get my sights, a shipping notice, or a finalized charge on my card (it did show pending right after my order). I've had a couple of phone conversations saying "1-2 days before they will ship" and a couple of un-returned e-mails, and so far, nothing has shown up. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, with all the covid crap and then riots in Atlanta (they are sorta close). My patients is wearing a bit thin though. I plan on calling on Monday and asking for a firm time frame. I had read comments that their customer service was usually very good, but so far, I'm not feeling it.

I'm about to just order standard Bold sights from GT for less money and hope they shoot close to the POI I pefer.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    The Ameriglo agents are really good. I installed them on dads 19x and I’m really starting to prefer those to the Dawson fibers that I typically run on everything. As a bonus nothing on them is sharp.
    This right here! The Agents are very close to the Trijicon HD’s I have used. Saving an extra 20-30 bucks is just an added bonus.

Heinie Straight 8 "Ledge" sights are POA/POI....On the website menu Heinie has Gen 5 "specific sights" due to the different barrel lock-up on Gen 5 series. I must say Heinie Sights has it dialed in. I personally carry Heinie Straight 8's on all my pistols due to the consistency of the product.

I have shot different duty/defensive use ammo and seen 5” variations in point of impact at 25 yards. You really have to shoot it with what you carry and then do the math on what height front and rear you need, otherwise you are just taking a chance that it’s close. For some people that may be fine, for my ocd, I want to know that if I put the top of the front sight on a head A zone at 25 yds, I’m going to hit it. Trijicon makes multiple different HD front sight heights.

Thanks for replies, I actually like the new plastic sights that come on the Gen 5,s except for the fact that they are plastic.

I have HD,s on my Gen 3,s and like them, trying to find the best sight for me on this new Gen 5 that will be my duty gun soon.

Does not necessarily have to be a night sight but something that my 53 year old eyes can see. A good white dot might work.

We are not allowed to use fiber optic sights.

Evidently I got lucky, I ordered a set of HD XR's and they hit the same POI as the plastic sights that came on my 19.5

User Tag List