Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: My truck AR seems like a good idea now

Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    If i was to add a long gun to the list of what gets taken to work and back. How do you feel about this for security purposes? https://www.tuffyproducts.com/produc...ucks-2019-2020
    I have this simpler one in my Ford:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/produc...-cab-2009-2014
    I do not think they had the longer ones when I bought mine. With mine it is secured by the hold downs for the factory jack. If you are willing to stash the jack elsewhere there is a lotta room in it (specs say 31"). My problem is there are many times when I want to use it there is a dog on top of it, but that is not a Tuffy problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Tuffy Security Products are very high-quality.
    My truck is a rare two-door Tundra, few of which were made in the 2014-2019 model series, so Tuffy never R&D’ed a made-to-fit lockbox. I am adapting a Tuffy box made to bolt inside a Jeep Wrangler tail-gate, which will hold a carbine-length AR15.
    I had one of these in my 1991 Suburban (last of the square body) between the Corbeau seats, and it was really nice to have that much lockable space:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/produc...-ii-12-12-wide
    The current truck is a 2014 F-150 with the middle section of "bench" seat and I plan to pull out that seat that has been used twice in six years and get another one.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-29-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I do not think they had the longer ones when I bought mine. With mine it is secured by the hold downs for the factory jack. If you are willing to stash the jack elsewhere there is a lotta room in it (specs say 31"). My problem is there is many times when I want to use it there is a dog on top of it, but that is not a Tuffy problem...
    Question, please: Does this one have a flat bottom, and, is it a complete, six-sided box, on its own? If so, I could drill my own mounting holes, to make it fit a Tundra. Thanks!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Question, please: Does this one have a flat bottom, and, is it a complete, six-sided box, on its own? If so, I could drill my own mounting holes, to make it fit a Tundra. Thanks!
    Yup, it sure is, well, pretty much... The install involves unbolting the jack and then what the jack bolts down to holds the box to the floor, so there is a segment of the bottom of the box that is not complete, but I think it would do what you want to do. Here are the instructions that sorta show it:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/images...st/285INST.pdf
    I went out and took a picture showing some detail. If you want some other pictures showing something specific, or a measurement of something not listed on the www, I can do that (later).
    Name:  Tuffy.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  44.8 KB

Yup, it sure is, well, pretty much... The install involves unbolting the jack and then what the jack bolts down to holds the box to the floor, so there is a segment of the bottom of the box that is not complete, but I think it would do what you want to do. Here are the instructions that sorta show it:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/images...st/285INST.pdf
    I went out and took a picture showing some detail. If you want some other pictures showing something specific, or a measurement of something not listed on the www, I can do that (later).
    Name:  Tuffy.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  44.8 KB
    Perfect! Thanks!

The installation instructions, in the link, showed me what I need to know. Again, thanks!

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I got a custom Highway Products made for under the backseat for my 2007 Tundra. I cut out the seat brackets and used the bolts to bolt the box down. The box supports the seat now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I got a custom Highway Products made for under the backseat for my 2007 Tundra. I cut out the seat brackets and used the bolts to bolt the box down. The box supports the seat now.
    Thanks. My Tundra a newer generation, 2014, of which VERY few were made in the two-door configuration, with no rear seats of any kind, so I have to adapt something intended for other vehicles, such as a Tuffy box made to bolt onto a current Wranger’s tailgate, which I will be bolting to the rear interior cab wall, when I can sort-out exactly where I want it to be.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I do not think they had the longer ones when I bought mine. With mine it is secured by the hold downs for the factory jack. If you are willing to stash the jack elsewhere there is a lotta room in it (specs say 31"). My problem is there are many times when I want to use it there is a dog on top of it, but that is not a Tuffy problem...

I had one of these in my 1991 Suburban (last of the square body) between the Corbeau seats, and it was really nice to have that much lockable space:
    https://www.tuffyproducts.com/produc...-ii-12-12-wide
    The current truck is a 2014 F-150 with the middle section of "bench" seat and I plan to pull out that seat that has been used twice in six years and get another one.

The one I listed fits my Ram Rebel but if I could adapt the one listed for the Ford Would save me some coin, more than half. I had a console box 2 trucks ago, it was a F150 and I didn't use it very much, CCW was on me or secured indoors. Tuffys one for the Ram looks to be in a more usable location instead of the flip down arm rest of the Ford. I may revisit this option.

Two complete pairs of XS Sights’ CSAT sights arrived yesterday, from Optics Planet. (Yes, I know what folks say about O.P., but they were the only place I could find them in stock, and, they shipped quickly.)

The CSAT rear sight has a notch over the small aperture, intended for 7-yard POI. I already had one CSAT rear, which I had not gotten around to using, because my aging eyes had been hating the smaller aperture on all AR15 rear sights, until I realized that this notch was WORKING for me.

I had recently thought about ordering a quite expensive AR15 rear-notch sight from D&L Sports, and that awakened my memory that I already had this CSAT rear sight, so I pulled it out of its storage place.

Yes, truck guns, at least front-seat guns, need irons, much of the year, in these parts, because stepping from an air-conditioned vehicle, into the Gulf Coast heat/humidity, will result in instant condensation on any lens, including my eyeglasses. (A bagged gun can be protected, to some degree, from the cold air, by using a well-padded bag, that is kept away from the AC vents.)

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List