Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: My truck AR seems like a good idea now

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    You know you can't wield a FAL unless you are wearing short shorts, right?
    And?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    You know you can't wield a FAL unless you are wearing short shorts, right?
    Only if you slather the FAL in baby poop with a sock
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    In the past few years (probably starting around November 2015) I've gone from being content out and about:
    With just my CCW.
    To my CCW plus throwing an additional pistol and a couple mags into my daypack.
    To my CCW, daypack w/pistol and mags and an AR in the truck.
    To my CCW, larger daypack w/pistol, mags and IIIA vest, AR in the truck.
    To my CCW, larger daypack w/pistol, mags and IIIA vest, AR in the truck and occasionally a plate carrier next to the AR.
    The step up to IIIA and now plates has been in the last 3 months.
    We are starting to live in interesting times and shits going exponentially crazy even in the middle of nowhere conservative areas I live and travel through.
    just got a IIIA soft panel vest. Never thought I would but just seemed like good insurance like a fire extinguisher. I can take the panel out and put in my backpack.

The FAL, which I love and have had a few DSA'S, falls apart for me in the short pistol varient. 308 ballistics in a short barrel seem to be inferior to 300blk unless I missed something.

Damn, I should've kept my gear when I submitted my papers to Uncle Sam.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    just got a IIIA soft panel vest. Never thought I would but just seemed like good insurance like a fire extinguisher. I can take the panel out and put in my backpack.
    I just put the entire vest in the laptop sleeve.
    That way I have "backback" armor while wearing the backpack, plus I have a vest by pulling it out and donning it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I just put the entire vest in the laptop sleeve.
    That way I have "backback" armor while wearing the backpack, plus I have a vest by pulling it out and donning it.
    That sounds like a cool idea, but I’m having a hard time picturing it. Do you fold the vest?

My current back seat daypack:
    Savotta Jääkäri small pack from Finland.
    It has a few general use items (knives, multi-tool, 550 cord, fire stuff, convenience stuff, TP, emergency bivy sack), a pretty heavy first-aid/blow out kit, Glock 17 w/19 round mag, 33 round mag.
    LBT First Responder carrier with IIIA soft armor.

Name:  savotta_1.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  savotta_2.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  42.3 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Damn, I should've kept my gear when I submitted my papers to Uncle Sam.
    For sure—you could have used the 80s shorts with a FAL.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    That sounds like a cool idea, but I’m having a hard time picturing it. Do you fold the vest?
    My work backpack is for a 17" gaming laptop, so the sleeve area is plenty large enough for a concealable soft vest and my ultralight 15" laptop as well.
    My truck day pack is just a sack style so I slide my larger carrier inside first then stuff other stuff down in front of it.

User Tag List