Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The UN supports ANTIFA

Site Supporter
    I do not understand why the US is still a member of the UN, and why the US, given the size of its budget deficit, gives even a penny of money to the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Never really cared for the UN, corrupt fucks. Now more so.
    UN needs to be defunded .....has lost its purpose and has become political and corruption is rampant.
    Last edited by fob1911; 08-05-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Every time you post something like this on a gun forum, you drive a wedge and lose support for the Second Amendment.
    Here's the reality. You either support the 2nd amendment or you vote for the left policies. There's nothing in between and it can't be both these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Every time you post something like this on a gun forum, you drive a wedge and lose support for the Second Amendment.
    That isn’t what it seems like to me. I think liberal voters are going to vote for liberal candidates regardless of their alignment on 2A, because I don’t think 2A matters enough to either the candidates or the voters. 2A doesn’t have legs as a single issue for most. Because of that, and because of the consistent identification of 2A with the right (show me a couple of pro-life, anti-2A pols), left pols will not take a 2A position even if their constituency has a larger number of pro-2A inclined folks.

I think this is much more true now, as Trump has been very vocal about 2A. The orangemanbad reaction to that will inevitably be to distance the left from the 2A.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    That isn’t what it seems like to me. I think liberal voters are going to vote for liberal candidates regardless of their alignment on 2A, because I don’t think 2A matters enough to either the candidates or the voters. 2A doesn’t have legs as a single issue for most. Because of that, and because of the consistent identification of 2A with the right (show me a couple of pro-life, anti-2A pols), left pols will not take a 2A position even if their constituency has a larger number of pro-2A inclined folks.

I think this is much more true now, as Trump has been very vocal about 2A. The orangemanbad reaction to that will inevitably be to distance the left from the 2A.
    Conversely, it may be that the current unrest and uncertainty may be a net positive for the 2nd Amendment, regardless of their political affiliation. People are buying firearms in record numbers, and a lot of them are first time gun buyers- not to mention a lot of classic Fudds who are suddenly wanting to get one of those scary black assault rifles they poo-pooed a few years ago.

There's a lot more people who are actually invested in being allowed to own a gun, because they are going through all the hoops to actually go and buy one at today's inflated prices.

Now, I don't expect most of those people to suddenly become Born Again Trump Supporting Small Government Republicans, but this will have a bigger invigorating effect on gun rights than the AWB had back in 94.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Conversely, it may be that the current unrest and uncertainty may be a net positive for the 2nd Amendment, regardless of their political affiliation. People are buying firearms in record numbers, and a lot of them are first time gun buyers- not to mention a lot of classic Fudds who are suddenly wanting to get one of those scary black assault rifles they poo-pooed a few years ago.

There's a lot more people who are actually invested in being allowed to own a gun, because they are going through all the hoops to actually go and buy one at today's inflated prices.

Now, I don't expect most of those people to suddenly become Born Again Trump Supporting Small Government Republicans, but this will have a bigger invigorating effect on gun rights than the AWB had back in 94.
    We can dream, can't we?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Conversely, it may be that the current unrest and uncertainty may be a net positive for the 2nd Amendment.
    In general I admire your optimism from a safe distance.

I think that the value of guns has gone up in general in the American psyche. I think that will be a factor that motivates the right and demotivates the left, a little, and I think that it may force the left to slow their roll a little in that direction. It will be reversed by the next school shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    In general I admire your optimism from a safe distance.

I think that the value of guns has gone up in general in the American psyche. I think that will be a factor that motivates the right and demotivates the left, a little, and I think that it may force the left to slow their roll a little in that direction. It will be reversed by the next school shooting.
    The Biden campaign just pushed out a social media campaign touting dopey Joe reintroducing the 1994 assault weapons ban if elected.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Biden campaign just pushed out a social media campaign touting dopey Joe reintroducing the 1994 assault weapons ban if elected.
    When our elected officials go without a security team, I'll consider going without arms...(for a moment).

At least the Secret Service shouldn't need anything more than a shotgun to protect the guy who put ol' Corn Pop in his place.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    To be fair, I believe Joe is talking about support among us mere taxpayers as a whole - not within the 'Ban all Orange People/Words we don't like/Things we don't like/and Guns!' political feely-good pandering machine pretending to be Democratic these days.

User Tag List