Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Purchase Report: JMCK NPE Holster

Site Supporter
    I carry my G19 low in my waistband(grip rides on my belt) and found it easier to grab the grip thumb first, lift, and then my fingers next. Dry draw a lot because it isn't the securest way to draw from concealment.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    @Duces Tecum

Some questions I had:

What's your draw like? Do you pinch the gun between thumb and the pad below the index finger?

How do I order one of my own? Is it named or should I send @Tony Mayer this thread?

Any difference in comfort while carrying?

Dressing

Importantly, wear a snug, dark t-shirt. I like a black tank top (aka "wife-beater). It's awkward to NPE draw without the under garment. The t-shirts that work best (for me) are mostly cotton and have a tight fit. In many cases they are a size under what I normally wear. The shirts have a large neck opening such that the t-shirt is not visible at the neckline when wearing a regular shirt.

The system consists of the holster, the belt (as you know, my choice was the MasterMind 1.5 inch), and the snug fitting t-shirt. They combine in a synergistic way.

Draw

Now, about the draw. Yes, the pinch grip serves well but it is enhanced by torquing the butt a little counter-clockwise (for a right-handed draw) as you start the draw. This permits a four finger grip sooner than if the torquing was not employed.

After a bit of practice I think you'll be surprised at the draw speed you can get from Tony's NPE holster

Comfort Difference

Relative to the standard high ride AIWB holsters, the NPE is to me (a) approximately the same comfort level as the standard AIWB when standing. When sitting, the NPE is more comfortable as it doesn't (on me) ride over my lower ribs and create the infamous "turkey print". When bending over (as a test, this morning I did bent-over rows while wearing the new holster) the NPE is a considerable improvement.

Purchasing

Jay, the NPE is not available on Tony's website. But I called him to see how he would recommend you to order and he just told me that if you email him (sales@jmcustomkydex.com) and tell him you want the holster that he made for Gary Crumrine, you can make it happen.

I think you're going to like the system, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I asked Tony for a 26.5 fit and a Glock 19 length. I've (today) tried it with both guns, and the short G-26 butt, at least at this point on the learning curve, makes for a difficult draw. I'd thought, because the butt is one of the big AIWB "print" tells, that a 26 would be short enough to not generate a print . . . and I was right: the print is indeed minimal. But the 26 butt is also too short to properly grip on the draw. There's just not enough exposed frame to get your ring and pinkie fingers around. Tony's NPE holster does best, I think, with a 19 sized frame.

I hope that's helpful, @Totem Polar.
    Indeed the G26 can be a challenge to stick the grip from AIWB. When I carry a 26 is normally IWB @ 3:30 and that's the biggest reason.

That's pretty low alright. A 43X would seem a nice match. Thinner under the belt line and fuller grip for digging it out. I use one that way with a Smart Carry a fair bit.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List