Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchase Report: JMCK NPE Holster

Purchase Report: JMCK NPE Holster

Selection Criteria:
    Reports on P-F support appendix carry for use in non-permissive environments, with the understanding that AIWB holsters are "specific" to the wearer's body and clothes. At least one important condition is trouser rise. I grew up before gang-banging was cool, and consequently wear my trousers at the natural waist. This meant an AIWB holster rode high enough, when seated, to over-ride my lower ribs. To even the casual observer, it looked like I'd been shoplifting small turkeys.

Towards the end of October, 2018, @Jay585 posted on Marcus Wynne's LoPro setup. It amounted to a very low riding AIWB https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ro-Carry-Setup appendix carry. I found it appealing as a possible solution to the high-rise trouser syndrome.

Purchase Timeline:
    Discussions were opened with Tony (JMCK) on Friday, 05 June, 2020 and continued until Thursday, 11 June, when the order was placed for a non-catalogued item (see below). Tony, I (re)discovered has much in common with a bespoke tailor. The order was received Friday, 19 June, 2020, eight days after the placing.

Overview:
    The holster is remarkably print-free. Having tested it for a couple of hours now, I am well pleased with the result. The holster is a slightly modified IWB-3, mid-guard. There is neither cant nor muzzle pad. Two Discreet Carry Clips secure the holster to the belt. As opposed to PTDs, my wife observes no printing with the Clips. An electronic timer was not available, but using the reliable one-great-big-elephant approach the draw was fully comparable, and may have been a little ("--phant!) faster than with my IWB holsters.

Photos
    Please see @Jay585's photos in the link above of Marcus Wynne's system. They are what was sent to Tony to illustrate what I had in mind, and it's hard to improve on them.

Well that's pretty cool.

If you wouldn't mind, would you throw up some pics?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Do you mind me asking what gun, @Duces Tecum?

I asked Tony for a 26.5 fit and a Glock 19 length. I've (today) tried it with both guns, and the short G-26 butt, at least at this point on the learning curve, makes for a difficult draw. I'd thought, because the butt is one of the big AIWB "print" tells, that a 26 would be short enough to not generate a print . . . and I was right: the print is indeed minimal. But the 26 butt is also too short to properly grip on the draw. There's just not enough exposed frame to get your ring and pinkie fingers around. Tony's NPE holster does best, I think, with a 19 sized frame.

I hope that's helpful, @Totem Polar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Well that's pretty cool.

If you wouldn't mind, would you throw up some pics?
    You were the guy who started this ball rolling, @Jay585, so that's the least I owe you. But I'll need a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I asked Tony for a 26.5 fit and a Glock 19 length. I've (today) tried it with both guns, and the short G-26 butt, at least at this point on the learning curve, makes for a difficult draw. I'd thought, because the butt is one of the big AIWB "print" tells, that a 26 would be short enough to not generate a print . . . and I was right: the print is indeed minimal. But the 26 butt is also too short to properly grip on the draw. There's just not enough exposed frame to get your ring and pinkie fingers around. Tony's NPE holster does best, I think, with a 19 sized frame.

I hope that's helpful, @Totem Polar.
    Have you tried the +0 Pearce pinky extension base plates? They don’t add any length to the back of the grip, which is the part that normally prints more, while adding length to the front of the grip which makes it easier to draw.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Have you tried the +0 Pearce pinky extension base plates? They don’t add any length to the back of the grip, which is the part that normally prints more, while adding length to the front of the grip which makes it easier to draw.
    Good point, Dan.

FWIW, I don't even think the OEM 12 creates more of a printing issue. (For me, at least.) I can pick up the slide corner much easier than I can the grip. And the +2 enhances the master grip. (Though I'm okay with the OEM 10.)

I could carry +2's all day long and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    @DanM, funny you asked. I have one G26 mag with the Pearce extension, but for some reason didn't think to try it with the NPE holster. I'm going to fix that. Thanks for the reminder, Dan.

Hammertime
    I very much want to see photos of this produce. @jmcK?

@Jay585, @Doc_Glock . . . There are no teenagers available, and I haven't been able to figure the photo thing out myself. If you would PM me a commercial email, maybe we could try it as an attachment?

And, yes, it's a JMCK.

User Tag List