Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Portland statue honoring Big George knocked down, defaced

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I think the country would be a better place if people cared less about ideas. Unfortunately, everyone seems to want to tell other people what to think and how to act.
    Agree 100%. Unfortunately, too late. Wishful thinking is not going to help either

Portland will have it's very own CHAZ soon enough. I think the difference is Seattle has a lot more money and the income equality is more pronounced. Average income in Seattle is about 3X that of Portland. Small wonder you have a bunch of disgruntled people who want social change. I don't think it has anything to do with BLM. I think it's more hatred for the affluent and wealthy in the city than anything else. If everyone else can live like a king there should be no reason the street people shouldn't have free everything. The cops just get in the way of all of that so getting rid of the cops is the first order of business.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

A buddy from out of state texted me this weekend upset about it. He asked if there were any petitions he could sign to stop such things from happening

Apparently the Portland Elk, a statue which has stood in the city for 120 years, is now racist and must be burned down:

https://www.kptv.com/news/police-elk...782731107.html

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - The iconic elk statue in downtown Portland was removed Thursday after it was damaged by fires lit during a demonstration, according to police.

Demonstrators gathered Wednesday evening once again near the Justice Center. Police said the crowd blocked the streets surrounding the Justice Center.

According to police, some demonstrators lit fires on and near the elk statue on Southwest Main Street. The fire damaged the stone surrounding the basin around and beneath the statue.

Site Supporter
    Sigh, we live in the area for 20 years. It had its up and downs. Never could afford a decent house there. Sad to see.

User Tag List