Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portland statue honoring Big George knocked down, defaced

Site Supporter
    If Mexico had a trustworthy police and judicial system, it would be a serious option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If Mexico had a trustworthy police and judicial system, it would be a serious option for me.
    The food probably wouldn't agree with you.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    As a tangentially related aside, the city council recently caved to the calls to defund the police and cut $15mil from the PPB budget. They're pulling school resource officers out, and disbanding the Gun Violence team among other things.

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...5-d2c52a9df9aa

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    They're pulling school resource officers out, and disbanding the Gun Violence team among other things.
    Why aren't the Bloomberg groups and Giffords group screaming bloody murder?

Oh yeah - they are too busy protesting the cops........

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Why aren't the Bloomberg groups and Giffords group screaming bloody murder?

Oh yeah - they are too busy protesting the cops........
    Their claim was that the Gun Violence Reduction Team disproportionately targeted minority communities. Read into that what you will.

Moving further into the weeds, my wife is a former high school teacher and started her career in a bad neighborhood in Inglewood, CA. She has said that virtually all of her students had personal experience with gang violence, drive by shootings, etc.

She pointed out that school resource officers do much more than act as disciplinarians or armed guards on campus. Instead, they showed students that not every interaction with the police had to be adversarial or confrontational. Portland isn't Inglewood, but I can see the removal of SROs having unintended consequences in certain communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Their claim was that the Gun Violence Reduction Team disproportionately targeted minority communities. Read into that what you will.

Moving further into the weeds, my wife is a former high school teacher and started her career in a bad neighborhood in Inglewood, CA. She has said that virtually all of her students had personal experience with gang violence, drive by shootings, etc.

She pointed out that school resource officers do much more than act as disciplinarians or armed guards on campus. Instead, they showed students that not every interaction with the police had to be adversarial or confrontational. Portland isn't Inglewood, but I can see the removal of SROs having unintended consequences in certain communities.
    That meant that more Blacks and Latinos were arrested with firearms than Whites...upsetting the chosen narrative.

Rule #1: Never allow facts to dispute the agenda.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. Moving to Portland 20 years ago was one of the biggest one...

Portland gonna Portland tho

So glad I escaped from there.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Meh. No place is perfect. My wife and I are getting pretty annoyed by all the antics here. But in some other place the weather would be as or more annoying. No way we could handle living in a hot, humid place without irritating mobs of social justice warriors, looters, vagrant campers, and right wing trolls.

The food, beer, and outdoor activities are still good, even though a lot of downtown is a no-go zone now. We have good friends here.

But, we are seriously looking elsewhere, and I'm running the numbers to see if I can retire a few years early.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List