Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogaloo Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I have a "Boogaloo" morale patch from when it was a gun forum inside joke. I wouldn't wear it now. It'd probably be pretty safe out here in Bufu, Illinois. Anywhere else would be bad optics in the remote chance something happened and I perchance was there.
    Before it was a gun forum inside joke, it was a Fark* meme in the early 2000s. Any unwanted 2nd occurrence of something was lampooned by appending "electric boogaloo" to the end of the headline, juxtaposing it with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaki...ctric_Boogaloo. Eventually, the meme was truncated to just "boogaloo".

I kinda thought that was common knowledge given the popularity of "boogaloo" but I guess in internet years 2004 was a lifetime ago. Coming soon to a college campus near you: people majoring in Meme Etymology.

*- I say Fark, but like virtually everything it probably started somewhere in the 4chan sewage system. Fark was just the first place I saw it, I want to say around the time Bush/Kerry was a thing.

edit to add usage predating 2012:

https://www.fark.com/comments/446855...ctric-Boogaloo 2009
    https://www.fark.com/comments/398137...ctric-Boogaloo 2008
    https://www.fark.com/comments/525147...OKC-Duck-cover 2003
    Last edited by jh9; 09-06-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Before it was a gun forum inside joke, it was a Fark* meme in the early 2000s. Any unwanted 2nd occurrence of something was lampooned by appending "electric boogaloo" to the end of the headline, juxtaposing it with:
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Yup. Before the internet it was Ozone and Turbo. See also post 259.

I remember Fark and Something Awful photoshop phridays back in the day...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    This shit is hard to wrap your head around. When asked about my political leanings, I've always quipped that I'm, "Just a little further Right than Genghis Khan." Granted there are odd-ball outliers in any group of people left or right, but hearing of folks that would ally themselves with Islamic terrorists to "shoot cops, blow up a courthouse and kill politicians" as a "far right" group just twists my noodle. That shit doesn't scan, when applied to the normal tenants of conservativism e.g. attempting to be somewhat self-reliant, behaving in public in a reasonable and lawful manner, striving to be fiscally prudent and treating people with respect unless their behavior won't allow that. I suppose it just serves to illustrate that you can't allow yourself to be pigeonholed.

Strange days.
    Some of this is explained by the "horseshoe theory" but also I think it shows the weakness of a political spectrum based on where representatives sat in the Frencn National Assembly in 1789.

I remember when the leader of the National Alliance was preaching working with Bin Laden post-9/11. There's a lot in radical Islam to appeal to lonely men with a lot of anger about how their life is going.

Nice avi, BTW. "Be seeing you!" 😉
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

“Back in the day?” I mean, it was a while ago, but...

Name:  005C500C-AE1A-4E0C-A02E-AF6BB4ED329B.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  63.9 KB

Name:  7270DFDF-DFAD-4D6C-BB65-9E0A6A090CD1.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  84.3 KB

Site Supporter
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-mn/pr/s...s-charged-riot

Department of Justice
    U.S. Attorney’s Office
    District of Minnesota
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Friday, October 23, 2020
    Self-Described Member Of “Boogaloo Bois” Charged With Riot
    United States Attorney Erica H. MacDonald today announced a federal criminal complaint against IVAN HARRISON HUNTER, 26, charging him with participating in a riot. HUNTER, who was arrested on October 21, 2020, in San Antonio, Texas, made his initial appearance yesterday before Magistrate Judge Henry Bemporad in U.S. District Court in San Antonio, Texas.

According to the allegations in the criminal complaint and law enforcement affidavit, in late May of 2020, the FBI initiated an investigation into members of the “Boogaloo Bois” based on information that members were discussing committing crimes of violence and were maintaining an armed presence on the streets of Minneapolis during civil unrest following the death of George Floyd. The Boogaloo Bois are a loosely-connected group of individuals who espouse violent anti-government sentiments. The term “Boogaloo” itself references an impending second civil war in the United States and is associated with violent uprisings against the government.

According to the allegations in the criminal complaint and law enforcement affidavit, between May 27 and May 28, 2020, HUNTER, who claims to be a member of the Boogaloo Bois, traveled in interstate commerce from Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota, with the intent to participate in a riot. Federal agents reviewed a video taken on the night of May 28, 2020, that shows an individual, later identified as HUNTER, discharged 13 rounds from an AK-47 style semiautomatic rifle into the Minneapolis Police Department’s Third Precinct building. At the time of the shooting there were other individuals believed to be looters still inside the building. Law enforcement recovered from the scene discharged rifle casings consistent with an AK-47 style firearm.

According to the allegations in the criminal complaint and law enforcement affidavit, upon returning to Texas, HUNTER made various statements on social media describing the violence in which he engaged in Minneapolis. On June 3, 2020, officers with the Austin Police Department conducted a traffic stop on a pick-up truck for numerous traffic violations. HUNTER was one of three occupants in the vehicle. HUNTER, the front seat passenger, had six loaded magazines for an AK-47 style assault rifle affixed to a tactical vest he was wearing. Officers found three semi-automatic rifles on the rear seat of the vehicle, one loaded pistol in plain view next to the driver’s seat, and another loaded pistol in the center console. Several days after the traffic stop, federal agents became aware of HUNTER’s online affiliation with Boogaloo Bois member Steven Carrillo, who has been charged in the Northern District of California with the May 29, 2020, murder of a Federal Protective Service Officer in Oakland, California.

This case is the result of an investigation conducted by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, with assistance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

This case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew R. Winter, and Trial Attorneys George Kraehe and Phil Viti of the National Security Division's Counterterrorism Section.

This case falls within the purview of the Attorney General’s Task Force to Combat Violent Anti-Government Extremism. Launched in June 2020, the Task Force is dedicated to supporting the investigation and prosecution of any person or group who commits violence in the name of an anti-government ideology.

The charges contained in the complaint are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Defendant Information:

IVAN HARRISON HUNTER, 26

Boerne, Texas

Charges:

Riot, 1 count
    Link to the Criminal Complaint:

https://stmedia.startribune.com/docu..._affidavit.pdf
    Last edited by HCM; 10-23-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    To include misquoted bullshit.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi...nap-hang-trump

FBI reveals alleged Whitmer kidnapper plotter also wanted to hang Trump, disproving Democrats' narrative
    Some Democrats have blamed the president's inflammatory rhetoric for helping to incite the kidnap scheme

A man who has been accused of an attempted kidnap plot against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, D-Mich., also reportedly made threats targeting President Trump.

Barry Croft, of Delaware, is said to have posted numerous threats against elected officials on his Facebook page, including a comment about hanging Trump, according to an unsealed FBI search warrant affidavit obtained by The Detroit News.

Former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton were among the other prominent political figures mentioned.

The site reported on Wednesday that the FBI was able to search the Facebook account of Croft, which is said to have been filled with violent images and rhetoric.

The affidavit said one Facebook post in May showed an image of Trump with a caption reading, “True colors shining through, wanna hang this mf’er too!!!%”

Another post the next day said, “I say we hang everything currently governing us, they’re all guilty!!% And what a deterrent, Rope!!!%”

Croft is one of six purported members of an extremist paramilitary group accused of scheming to kidnap Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer because of her shutdown orders to control the coronavirus.

Some Democrats, including Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, blamed the president’s rhetoric for helping to incite the planned acts against Whitmer.

Whitmer has made similar comments about inflammatory rhetoric originating from the White House.

In her first public comments on the plot, Whitmer earlier this month thanked the FBI, Michigan attorney general Dana Nessel and state police for “bringing these sick and depraved men to justice.” She argued that Trump has provided tacit support to radical groups by refusing to condemn white supremacy, referencing the president’s comment during last week’s debate that the Proud Boys, a far-right group unaffiliated with the kidnapping plot, should ‘stand back and stand by.’”

“Just last week, the president of the United States stood before the American people and refused to condemn white supremacists and hate groups like these two Michigan militia groups,” Whitmer said at a press conference. “‘Stand back and stand by,” he told them. Stand back and stand by. Hate groups heard the president’s words not as a rebuke but as a rallying cry, as a call to action.”

During a campaign visit Tuesday to Lansing, Michigan, Trump appeared to refer to the alleged plot when he said, “It was our people that helped her out with her problem. I mean, we’ll have to see if it’s a problem. ... She blamed me, and it was our people that helped her. I don’t get it.”

User Tag List