Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogaloo Movement

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I don't think there IS any group sending messages to each other calling themselves boogaloo boys is my point.

It's literally a derogatory term used towards those who are overprepared or ready to "get in the fight".

-Cory
    That's not been my experience.

It's the modern version of this scene:

"You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Boog Bois and Gals are a real thing - Seeing what folks are posting under the #Boogaloo on Instagram or Facebook will reveal there is a lot more back and forth and a lot of seriousness by these folks than what it might seem initially. The Boogie Bois of Company B(oog) aren't as well organized or quite as fanatical as your average western militia, but they are out there. It's clear they are using social media to organize like minded individuals. Increasingly, it sure seems like they are viewing themselves as the anti-ANTIFA (which is odd, because they probably have as much in common with ANTIFA as they do differences).

The "boogaloo" call to arms that happened a while back with people jumping in cars and driving to New York to defend some dude they only knew from the internet, is an example of how this isn't merely a joke to some folks.

Site Supporter
    I'm sure some dipshits have cited 'the boogaloo' and similar bullshit to justify being an armed asshole recently, but suggesting that it's some sort of cohesive movement is just about as off-base and overreacting as a parent screaming about how listening to Kiss or Ozzy will make their kids satanic.

A lot, and I mean a lot of veterans and active mil all joke incessantly about the 'boogaloo', particularly guys in the 22-30ish age group. A lot of them wear Hawaiian shirts because of various group traditions etc. I saw a lot of the SOJTF guys wearing Hawaiian shirts when not in uniform and I know that the aviation guys on one of the posts I was at recently had a 'Hawaiian shirt night' party for all their aviation people - and those guys routinely wore the custom Hawaiian shirts from the misc Bro-Veteran T-shirt companies that have things like Colt 933's and missiles and such mixed into the patterns. Dozens of guys and gals in Hawaiian shirts at the same watering hole 'because Aviation' is 'a thing' as they say these days.

That said, if I'm just unaware that some organized group of genuine assholes hijacked the whole Boogaloo meme theme for nefarious purposes, that's different of course. But it's important to note that they're a smaller such group of assholes that hijacked a running joke and meme to make it serious, and not all of those who shared/laughed at/joked about 'the boogaloo' or wear Hawaiian shirts or go shooting in Hawaiian shirts are anywhere near that kind of asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    That's not been my experience.
    I'm genuinely interested in hearing more about this. I haven't heard of the boogalo as anything more than a joke. I completely believe you if you've seen this first hand. My exposure to Booglaoo boys has been mostly different groups or pages making fun of them with memes. I haven't seen anyone who claimed the title. I am aware of some individualas who showed up "to help the cops" then claimed to be feds who were arrested. They were laughed at as boogaloo boys.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Boog Bois and Gals are a real thing - Seeing what folks are posting under the #Boogaloo on Instagram or Facebook will reveal there is a lot more back and forth and a lot of seriousness by these folks than what it might seem initially. The Boogie Bois of Company B(oog) aren't as well organized or quite as fanatical as your average western militia, but they are out there. It's clear they are using social media to organize like minded individuals. Increasingly, it sure seems like they are viewing themselves as the anti-ANTIFA (which is odd, because they probably have as much in common with ANTIFA as they do differences).

The "boogaloo" call to arms that happened a while back with people jumping in cars and driving to New York to defend some dude they only knew from the internet, is an example of how this isn't merely a joke to some folks.
    I hadn't seen anything about boogalo that was very serious. I'll definitely take a look into it.

It seems what was once a running joke may have been taken seriously by idiots and no longer be just a joke. There are always people who take something funny seeiously - or too far.

-Cory

Two things -

1) It does not appear to be a cohesive movement. But then again ANTIFA isn't a cohesive movement. However, it is clear it is not just a joke. It is becoming a loose set of ideologies being shared via social media. Organization appears to be loose and somewhat random, but local boog bois are hooking up with each other and apparently using this latest wave of riots to try to jumpstart their Boogaloo fantasies.

ETA: It does appear that those more serious about this being a 'movement' are NOT former MIL. The guys I'm seeing are only two steps up from Condor Tac Wearing Neckbeards. It's distinctly possible they are leftovers from open carry movements too.

2) I just want to express my frustration at the Boogie Bois taking the Hawaiian shirt. That is the property of fat guys and Tom Selleck wannabes everywhere and I've been shooting in a Hawaiian shirt longer than half of the Boogie Dudes have been alive. I do not appreciate this cultural appropriation. Now I can't wear a Hawaiian shirt to the range, because people think I'm Boog'ed up.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing more about this. I haven't heard of the boogalo as anything more than a joke. I completely believe you if you've seen this first hand. My exposure to Booglaoo boys has been mostly different groups or pages making fun of them with memes. I haven't seen anyone who claimed the title. I am aware of some individualas who showed up "to help the cops" then claimed to be feds who were arrested. They were laughed at as boogaloo boys.
    Here's what I posted a week or two ago in another thread:

We had several W/M’s in Hawaiian shirts at a protest here a couple nights ago. Intel that came in from a 3-letter fed agency identified them as “Boogaloo Boys”. They were marching amongst the BLM crowd.

I had to follow them around around for a while...they actually made me a little nervous. I could tell they were wearing body armor, and one of them was wearing his backpack on the front of his body. I lost track of them after someone started throwing smoke bombs. I think they left, or maybe just got tired of walking.
    They were a definite concern, not only when I was tailing them, but we had a heads-up about it from the feds going into it, and were specifically asked to try to find them and keep an eye on them.

Like I said in the other thread, their behavior made me nervous.

@RevolverRob is exactly right when he describes them like ANTIFA-- not a cohesive/organized movement, but still a movement.

The thread title reminds me of a joke:

What do you get when you combine AR-15s, a bad 80s movie, and Ex-Lax?

I’m not at liberty to share the email since it is an “for official use only” bulletin. However, it sounds like they are more than a bunch of online meme jokesters
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I'm unaware of any specific group called the boogaloo boys.

Jokes about the boogalo started in FB groups years ago, mostly about people who were preparing for "shtf" or other drastic lawlessness. Eventually it became a running joke meme about guys who would be ready to fight another revolution. Kind of a tongue in cheek version if the 3 percenter guys.

Of course now the running joke about the "electric boogalo" and people having stuff like plate carriers for the boogalo has been seized by the media. So jokes about the boogalo boys are misunderstood and misrepresented so that now there is a big scary group of extremists. When in reality its a disconnected group of people with a mindset of "just in case" taken to the tactical extreme. Veteran clothing companies who make gun themed hawaiian shirts and stuff poked fun at them, and now they're supposedly some bad guy group?

It's a modern gun culture/veteran culture/clone gun culture joke that some news desk weenie took seriously.

-Cory
    Spot on.
    #RESIST

User Tag List