Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogaloo Movement

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I read the thread. If your equating the danger posed by these two extremist “ideologies” I have no reason to call you a liar. I suppose both sides are dangerous but from my armchair vantage point, one end of the shoe seems to be far, far ahead as a threat to society. But hey, the authorities have done such a great job predicting and curbing the current mass political violence that who am I to judge?
    Domestic political groups are covered by constitutional protections, freedom of speech, association, assembly etc. no one gets rounded up for their beliefs or membership in a domestic political group. What is being done are investigations to identify individuals who committed crimes like arson, assault etc. extremists on both sides are aware of this, hence the face coverings, having everyone dress in black or dress alike etc to make identification from photos and video more difficult.

Regardless, most of the mass violence we have seen was perpetrated by straight up opportunistic thugs /hood rats coming out because bored/corona/ Fuck The Police.

In my area we saw only a small core of Antifa adherents 10-15%, often acting as agitators for the hood rats. In more liberal areas like Seattle, DC, Austin etc you will see that percentage go up due to the local population and drawing extremists from other areas but it won’t be much over 25%.

The organic nature of modern social and political movements in the era of social media and secure communications apps is something we are just beginning to grasp. As with many paradigm shifts, the young, raised in the new reality have the best grasp.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    As someone who continually confuses Blues and BehindBlueEyes when scanning threads, the last half-dozen posts felt like cosmic vindication.

You can't even keep yourselves straight!

(use of the word "straight" is not intended to be a slur against our LGBTQ2SWTFBBQ members; straight is not being presented as preferable in this sense)

("preference" is not intended to imply that sexual orientation is a preference)

("sexual" is not intended to exclude asexual identities)

("exclude" is not intended to trigger disadvantaged groups who have traditionally been excluded from decision-making authority)

("authority" is not intended to confer respect to people in power)

("people" is not intended to exclude otherkin)
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    (use of the word "straight" is not intended to be a slur against our LGBTQ2SWTFBBQ members; straight is not being presented as preferable in this sense)

("exclude" is not intended to trigger disadvantaged groups who have traditionally been excluded from decision-making authority)

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    As someone who continually confuses Blues and BehindBlueEyes when scanning threads, the last half-dozen posts felt like cosmic vindication.

The post originally quoted me, not blues.

But, yes, I see the confusion. Few people know which muppet on the balcony is which, and that information is superfluous to the viewer/reader anyway.

Handy field reference guide:

Does the poster seem to know anything about knives?

If yes: that's a blues
    If no: then you've got yourself a BehindBlueI's

Also, look at the head plumage. A complete absence is most likely a BehindBlueI's sighting.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I knew I wasn't me because I didn't wake up feeling myself.

("feeling myself" is not intended to imply onanism...oh, who am I kidding?)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Domestic political groups are covered by constitutional protections, freedom of speech, association, assembly etc. no one gets rounded up for their beliefs or membership in a domestic political group. What is being done are investigations to identify individuals who committed crimes like arson, assault etc. extremists on both sides are aware of this, hence the face coverings, having everyone dress in black or dress alike etc to make identification from photos and video more difficult.

Regardless, most of the mass violence we have seen was perpetrated by straight up opportunistic thugs /hood rats coming out because bored/corona/ Fuck The Police.

In my area we saw only a small core of Antifa adherents 10-15%, often acting as agitators for the hood rats. In more liberal areas like Seattle, DC, Austin etc you will see that percentage go up due to the local population and drawing extremists from other areas but it won’t be much over 25%.

The organic nature of modern social and political movements in the era of social media and secure communications apps is something we are just beginning to grasp. As with many paradigm shifts, the young, raised in the new reality have the best grasp.
    Fair enough, although my understanding of the constitution is that once a group calls for violent overthrow of the government from outside the system rather than working within it, they are not protected in the same way.

I agree with the assessment of 25% maximum participation by ANTIFA. What percentage would you allocate to the Boogaloo side of the shoe?

I swore an oath a while ago to support and defend the Constitution of The United States from all enemies foreign and domestic. Does that make me a Boogle Boo Boy?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The post originally quoted me, not blues.

But, yes, I see the confusion. Few people know which muppet on the balcony is which, and that information is superfluous to the viewer/reader anyway.

Handy field reference guide:

Does the poster seem to know anything about knives?

If yes: that's a blues
    If no: then you've got yourself a BehindBlueI's

Also, look at the head plumage. A complete absence is most likely a BehindBlueI's sighting.
    One is also a secret squirrel and the other is a tired old dog...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I swore an oath a while ago to support and defend the Constitution of The United States from all enemies foreign and domestic. Does that make me a Boogle Boo Boy?
    [Sarcasm]Yup. The mere mention of protecting the Constitution puts you on a list. Supporting documents authored white slave owning racist is bad!!! [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    One is also a secret squirrel and the other is a tired old dog...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List