Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogaloo Movement

Boogaloo Movement

Maybe I have not been paying attention but I have never heard of this group until I got an email about them today.

Boogaloo Movement Tied To Murder, Violence And Disinformation During Protests

https://www.forbes.com/sites/waynera.../#6162376c552c

Members of a shadowy movement known as the Boogaloo Boys have been implicated in a series of violent protests and the distribution of misinformation regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus and in violent racial protests in a number of cities in the U.S. In addition, the Boogaloo Boys have been specifically mentioned in charging documents against Steven Carrillo filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. Carrillo is charged with killing a member of the Federal Protective Service and wounding another. In addition, he has been charged with killing a sheriff’s deputy in Santa Cruz County, California.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Even the BBC has been talking about them, you are way behind...

Just more disinformation.

Nowhere in the complaint for Carillo is "Boogaloo Boys" referenced, nor is it referred to as a group (because it isn't). The investigating agent even has a paragraph explaining that it's a loose ideology, movement, and not a group.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...kl7Ucg-C7tG2Ig
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Fake News! Basically the pinko left media shaming & bashing conservatives.

I’ve heard of this particular grouping/ideology or whatever.

While I don’t doubt there’s some involved that would do this, I’m wondering about the possibility of that movement being scape-goated for some of the damage done in riots instead of pursuing ANTIFA.

I'm unaware of any specific group called the boogaloo boys.

Jokes about the boogalo started in FB groups years ago, mostly about people who were preparing for "shtf" or other drastic lawlessness. Eventually it became a running joke meme about guys who would be ready to fight another revolution. Kind of a tongue in cheek version if the 3 percenter guys.

Of course now the running joke about the "electric boogalo" and people having stuff like plate carriers for the boogalo has been seized by the media. So jokes about the boogalo boys are misunderstood and misrepresented so that now there is a big scary group of extremists. When in reality its a disconnected group of people with a mindset of "just in case" taken to the tactical extreme. Veteran clothing companies who make gun themed hawaiian shirts and stuff poked fun at them, and now they're supposedly some bad guy group?

It's a modern gun culture/veteran culture/clone gun culture joke that some news desk weenie took seriously.

-Cory

@TC215 recently came across some Hawaiian shirt wearing knuckleheads when he was on call out for protest duty in the past week or two. Maybe he can comment further.

Point being, whether an organization has a charter, or is a loose amalgamation of miscreants sending wannabe messages to each other over social media, it only takes one or a few to make a heap of trouble if so inclined.

How many mass shootings have been simply lone wolf affairs? A loose network of wannabes is no less dangerous if they decide to act on their fantasies.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

A judge from Columbus, GA had a PSA about the boogaloo not too long ago and how it was an extremist movement of anarchist types looking to overthrow the government. Basically was trying to inform parents not to let their kids get mixed up in it and alleged there were people recruiting for it around town.

Fuckery ensued as he got memed to hell over it (and some veiled threats were made) and eventually he deleted the post.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @TC215 recently came across some Hawaiian shirt wearing knuckleheads when he was on call out for protest duty in the past week or two. Maybe he can comment further.

Point being, whether an organization has a charter, or is a loose amalgamation of miscreants sending wannabe messages to each other over social media, it only takes one or a few to make a heap of trouble if so inclined.

How many mass shootings have been simply lone wolf affairs? A loose network of wannabes is no less dangerous if they decide to act on their fantasies.
    I don't think there IS any group sending messages to each other calling themselves boogaloo boys is my point.

It's literally a derogatory term used towards those who are overprepared or ready to "get in the fight".

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I don't think there IS any group sending messages to each other calling themselves boogaloo boys is my point.

It's literally a derogatory term used towards those who are overprepared or ready to "get in the fight".

-Cory
    I don't believe I was responding to your point, Cory, sorry if you thought I was.

I was posting a comment about what @TC215 encountered on his shift that day and about how, like in "Alice's Restaurant", a movement is a perception. What it can or may become is another matter. Regardless, he felt a certain level of discomfort...and that was real...whatever or whoever.

Names, chosen or attached, are simply descriptors in large part.

(Beyond that, most of us wouldn't know who's sending messages to whom. And that info isn't readily attainable.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List