Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on new boots

Suggestions on new boots

Looking to get some new boots. Requirements are they need to have a safety toe. Looking to spend around $300. I want some cowboy boots but all of them I saw with a safety toe seem kinda cheap. I also like the red wing ranger boots but alas...no safety toe. I have chips for the winter months so im covered there, these would be more personal boots so id like them to be on the lite side. Any suggestions on what to look at for quality boots would be appreciated. Thanks!

LOVE- snow white
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Might not be as “cowboy” as you want but I’ve had good luck with Danner Steel Yard wellingtons. Their one major downside is that they can’t be resoled.

Edited to add link: https://www.danner.com/steel-yard-we...-brown-st.html
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

If you can live with lace up boots, I just got a pair of Thorogood boots for father's day and love them. Mine don't have the steel toe but they offer it. American-made was icing on the cake.

Site Supporter
    I think "western" is the politically correct term....
    Sarcasm aside, here's a search from sheplers for an idea https://www.sheplers.com/workwear/wo...%7CSteel%20Toe

I had a pair of the double h work western boots that I really liked. They were comfortable to walk in ; I could wear them out for an evenjng and then walk the dog afterwards. However after 5 years or so the lining wore through at the ankle and they would give me blisters in minutes.

I have a pair of Tony Lamas as well. They're decent, comfortable and have lasted but mine aren't work boots and not really comfortable for walking. I think they're a little narrow which works better for me.

Justin sizing doesn't work for me or at least didn't the last t time I tried. In a half size they go from can't get my foot in it to my foot rattles around inside like it's 2 sizes too big. I think they run wider, which doesnt help. Ymmv.

Ariat boots are very comfortable but i think all made in china so I pass.

Thanks for the suggestions, im not married to the "western boot" idea. Mainly just want some quality boots that look nice. They would be more personal boots than work boots. My work gives me $250 for footwear once or twice a year but the catch is they need to be safty toe. Im open to anything though. I have plenty of work boots.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

When I was required to wear safety toe boots my choice was the Red Wing 4470. I think they have similar models with different tread patterns.
    https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/me...ork-safety-toe

They're about as close as I could find to my preferred Redwing 1155 in safety toe.

Site Supporter
    Red Wing Safety Steel Toes Pull Up Boots. Made in USA. 269.00 retail

From the Link:

STEEL TOE-Meets ASTM Safety Standards

PUNCTURE RESISTANT-Meets ASTM Safety Standards

ELECTRICAL HAZARD-Meets ASTM Safety Standards

CSA-Canadian Safety Standard

https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/me...ens-work-boots
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

If you're open to spending a bit more, perhaps some Wesco Jobmasters? You can even full bore customize them if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    If you're open to spending a bit more, perhaps some Wesco Jobmasters? You can even full bore customize them if you wanted to.
    Man those wescos are awesome

I’ll second Thorogood. I bought a set a few months ago and love them. Get some Obenhaufs paste too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List