Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogaloo Movement

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I honestly believe that the 2nd amendment is intended for an armed populace to be able to protect themselves and resist should the American government become tyrannical. I also believe the police are likely to be the government's arm of action should they become tyrannical.

In many eyes, that makes me an anti-government or anti-police. Many think because of this I fit a boogalo ideology. I'm dangerous because of my beliefs, and AR ownership? I'm a normal tax paying citizen, husband, father, and not that it matters - a veteran. That last one pushes me further into the super dangerous ideology. :eyeroll:

I love America, and feel a strong, intelligent, police force is important. I think they work a thankless and incredibly difficult job. I've applied at a PD and was in the hiring process (changed states during process) because I think it's an important job.

I just think the "boogalo ideology" is overally broad, and easily paints regular people like me into a box that doesn't fit because of views most of us probably share. There could easily be bad actors who also fit the mold, but that doesn't make the mold bad. Does that make sense?

-Cory
    Problem -“Tyrannical” is not precise language.

We are a constitutional republic. Specifically. The second amendment is intended to allow Americans to resist if the government fails to follow the constitution and to resist those (foreign or domestic) who would replace constitutional government with “something else.”

Upholding and defending the constitution is a two way street. The government has to follow constitutional process but so do the people. That means attempting to redress grievances via elections, legislatures and the courts.

If you dig into the actual boogaloo extremists they espouse the idea that elections, legislation and courts are old, slow bullshit for boomers and that it is simply “time to get it on.”

This is not unique to the Boogaloo extremists, it is just another form of accelerationism.

What they either don’t get or intentionally ignore is following the constitution is as much about the process as the outcome. It’s not a guarantee you will get what you want.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    After the Garland, Tx. "Draw Muhammad" clusterfuck I think that many of the Boogaloo/ANTIFA/BLM "extremist" are just low IQ people goaded into planning/executing attacks by various Fed LE.
    Kind of a self licking ice cream cone for domestic terrorist law enforcement.
    "How can we justify our departments budget increase when all the Boogers are doing is LARPing at the state capital looking like a Magnum PI fan club then picking up their trash and going home?"
    "I know, let's convince Cletus to strike back against the Illuminati by shooting it out with the state alcohol beverage commission agents!"
    "Awesome idea, let's go grab one of those Fast and Furious AR's, a Chinese airsoft vest and a shirt from Banana Republic."
    I think you have it backwards.

As discussed up thread, there are people drawn to extremism and violence. They would deny it but the ideology is secondary to them. They are like the guy in Heat who says for him the action IS the juice.

As I mentioned in another thread . I think many of these people are the same types attracted to militia, sovereign citizen and InCel extremist circles who just happened to seize or stumble on the Boogaloo ideology instead.

Along those lines, many antifa adherents are the same way. It fills a hole in their lives.

From what I have seen (not read about on the internet or in the media) Horseshoe theory, the idea that rather than a line with with polar opposites, extremists on both side have more in common with each other than people in the center, is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I think you have it backwards.

As discussed up thread, there are people drawn to extremism and violence. They would deny it but the ideology is secondary to them. They are like the guy in Heat who says for him the action IS the juice.

As I mentioned in another thread . I think many of these people are the same types attracted to militia, sovereign citizen and InCel extremist circles who just happened to seize or stumble on the Boogaloo ideology instead.

Along those lines, many antifa adherents are the same way. It fills a hole in their lives.

From what I have seen (not read about on the internet or in the media) Horseshoe theory, the idea that rather than a line with with polar opposites, extremists on both side have more in common with each other than people in the center, is spot on.
    Oh, I'm sure the Cletus in my narrative was already on said FedLE radar for making crazy ass Twitter posts directed at Obama, Googling how to mix ammonium nitrate with nitromethane, and practicing his "traveler upon the land" speeches.
    No doubt.
    I also think that directly tying him to a "Boogaloo movement" (whatever the fuck that actually is), is straight out of the Rules for Radicals to define the growing right counter to the currently active leftists movements (who are also mostly useful idiots).
    The left right now NEEDS a right wing bogeyman to help justify their current lefty retardation.
    The rise of the Boogers as a national threat is just too damn convenient.
    IMO
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Oh, I'm sure the Cletus in my narrative was already on said FedLE radar for making crazy ass Twitter posts directed at Obama, Googling how to mix ammonium nitrate with nitromethane, and practicing his "traveler upon the land" speeches.
    No doubt.
    I also think that directly tying him to a "Boogaloo movement" (whatever the fuck that actually is), is straight out of the Rules for Radicals to suppress a growing counter to the currently active leftists movements (who are also mostly useful idiots).
    The left right now NEEDS a right wing bogeyman to help justify their current lefty retardation.
    The rise of the Boogers as a national threat is just too damn convenient.
    IMO
    The boogaloo adherents are just one of several threats on the right. If you can even categorized them as being on the right. There have been Boogaloo adherents supporting BLM and clashing with traditional militia and patriot groups who the Boogaloo adherents consider “bootlickers.”

If they were an invention of the media etc it would not make sense to replace “White nationalists” with an ideology that is generally acknowledged to to not be racist.

Personally, I believe this is a side effect of the majority of actual boogaloo extremists being millennials who don’t really regard race as a thing one way or the other.

In the other thread @Halfmoon hit the nail on the head for both the boogaloo and ANTIFA adherents as practitioners of “network warfare”

network warfare (not network as in computers but network as in loosely affiliated, decentralized, and not top down organized).

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If they were an invention of the media etc
    They were an invention of the Internet, the media just latched on because of the stupid name.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I think the "boogaloo" started out as a joke, but in typical fashion, once the reddit millenial crowd got ahold of it they took it too far and made it a "thing". Now its just a bunch of LARPers who use social media all day to talk shit about cops and bootlickers and post pics of their NVGs and plate carriers on IG or the "tacticalgear" subreddit.

Boogloo guys are at heart a "movement" full of cringe tier beta males who are not and never will be any serious threat to society.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    I think the "boogaloo" started out as a joke, but in typical fashion, once the reddit millenial crowd got ahold of it they took it too far and made it a "thing". Now its just a bunch of LARPers who use social media all day to talk shit about cops and bootlickers and post pics of their NVGs and plate carriers on IG or the "tacticalgear" subreddit.

Boogloo guys are at heart a "movement" full of cringe tier beta males who are not and never will be any serious threat to society.
    I think it was invented by "Big Morale Patch".
    Have you seen what a "Big Igloo" patch sells for on eBay these days?
    We won't even go into the limited edition "Sea Cow Snowplow" patch prices.
    Rolex is jealous of their marketing and margins.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    All cops are racist thugs until proven otherwise.
    After all, we have a video of a white police officer kneeling on the neck of a black guy till death do they part.

All right wingers in Hawaiian shirts are racist anti-Gov nuts until proven otherwise.
    After all, we have LE intel on a small group of them attacking or planning attacks on LE/Gov.

You can't cling to one narrative and not the other without being a hypocrite.
    Who exactly is spreading your second "narrative"? I think you're creating a strawman with that. Most people are just dicking around and enjoying the meme. A small subset isn't. I've yet to see intel that says otherwise and unless I missed it nobody here has argued otherwise.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Jody referenced Heat, that automatically makes him the winner.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Jody referenced Heat, that automatically makes him the winner.
    Actually, I was the one who referenced HEAT...in post 222.

JohyH was quoting me.

User Tag List