Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: ATF’s Secret Brace Ban

Breaking News: ATF’s Secret Brace Ban

Searched but didn’t see a post on this yet. Sorry if a dupe. Since it’s not really pistol and not really rifle I’m posting in general.

Breaking News: ATF’s Secret Brace Ban

My thought is that it’s probably less nefarious secrecy and more simply status quo, they just aren’t publicizing it and so the tinfoil hat brigade are calling it “secret”. And while nobody is going to be happy if the brace loophole is closed, I don’t think anyone thinks of it as anything other than a loophole, do they? At least not beyond the whole “NFA is unconstitutional to begin with” argument (which I happen to agree with).

” Congressman Matt Gaetz announced today on his podcast the ATF is crafting secret rules restricting the possession of certain pistol braces by American citizens, and that he has sent them a letter demanding they stop.

“We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans,” Congressman Gaetz writes along with six other members of Congress. “We strongly urge ATF to cease taking any actions and reconsider or rescind any secret determinations which call into question the legality of firearms owned by millions of law-abiding Americans.”

“There is always a need to vindicate our Second Amendment rights,” Gaetz says on his podcast, “Hot Takes with Matt Gaetz.”
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My hope is that NFA status of SBRs and SBSs simply goes away. There’s so many braced guns out there and the “don’t shoulder it” thing went away. I hope that these factors make it all a genie that simply will not go back in the bottle.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Fuck.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    My hope is that NFA status of SBRs and SBSs simply goes away. There’s so many braced guns out there and the “don’t shoulder it” thing went away. I hope that these factors make it all a genie that simply will not go back in the bottle.
    I think basically everyone on this forum is with you there, but if that logic worked, marijuana would probably be federally legal by now. (Note that I'm not someone who partakes in it and I have no desire to do so, but it definitely fits the "genie that simply will not go back in the bottle" analogy.)

I am half wondering if they have been doing this, expecting if they win the bump stock lawsuit, that they get asked this from a president next.

I think there’s one agency most of us would agree needs to be defunded...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Someone at the ATF has to know these braces are really stocks of a sort. You’d think they’d say, “Y’know what, maybe we just shouldn’t waste our time dealing with SBR’s now because everybody basically has one and nothing happened.”
    But there’s a lot of things in this world that would make sense to me, that still aren’t so. Unfortunately, no one is consulting with me about it.

The BATF shows some common sense and cuts us some slack on the matter and people call it a loophole instead of a victory. The commissars have trained us well.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Site Supporter
    Since the Pres. initiated the bump stock ban, can he stop this? Maybe Wayne should give him a call and be a little tougher on supporting him, rather than the butt kissing editorials in the NRA magazines.

Since Scotus (as I predicted - did nothing on the 10 cases, and yes, - the golden next case and next Justice will save us) and Congress (esp. with the loss of the House), will do nothing, one might expect braces and then Shockwaves to go the way of the bump stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Since the Pres. initiated the bump stock ban, can he stop this? Maybe Wayne should give him a call and be a little tougher on supporting him, rather than the butt kissing editorials in the NRA magazines.

Since Scotus (as I predicted - did nothing on the 10 cases, and yes, - the golden next case and next Justice will save us) and Congress (esp. with the loss of the House), will do nothing, one might expect braces and then Shockwaves to go the way of the bump stocks.
    To be fair, some on SCOTUS dissented strongly and loudly with regards to the last case, and we should all note that one of them is a Trump nominee.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tho...cond-amendment.

Thomas, Kavanaugh lament 'decade-long failure to protect the Second Amendment'
    #RESIST

User Tag List