Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: ATF’s Secret Brace Ban

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm posting only because I hate myself, and I really have no desire to stop people from getting all riled up about whatever they choose to get all riled up about, but even the clickbait TFB post quotes Gaetz as saying “We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans,” (emphasis added) -- so it's completely understandable that the internet gets all internetty about a "secret ban" of all pistol braces. But, TFB is only running about 25 ads on that one page alone, so all the internet gun guys clicking on the clickbait is only giving them somewhere between 5 to 25 million ad impressions over the course of the next week or so, so we know we can trust them because they have no financial interest in you guys getting all riled up and sharing their clickbait far and wide. Virtue, signal thy self -- or something.
    Would we guess it’s the SBA3?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    @Dagga Boy already called this. I believe its one of the reasons he is such a bullpup advocate.
    If someone would actually make a bullpup w/o a 23" lop, I'd drop the pistol nonsense. #smurfLife

I suppose we could guess anything, but I doubt anything from SB Tactical would be the "one model" they are apparently talking about. I'd guess one of the many different "brace" models that have no facility for securing to (or even using with) the shooters forearm -- the "blade" style braces come to mind. But I'm just another idiot on the internet with no inside knowledge guessing about something that might not even be real.
    Makes sense. And if true, I bet Magpul is sweating.

I'm posting only because I hate myself, and I really have no desire to stop people from getting all riled up about whatever they choose to get all riled up about, but even the clickbait TFB post quotes Gaetz as saying “We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans,” (emphasis added) -- so it's completely understandable that the internet gets all internetty about a "secret ban" of all pistol braces. But, TFB is only running about 25 ads on that one page alone, so all the internet gun guys clicking on the clickbait is only giving them somewhere between 5 to 25 million ad impressions over the course of the next week or so, so we know we can trust them because they have no financial interest in you guys getting all riled up and sharing their clickbait far and wide. Virtue, signal thy self -- or something.
    I quit reading at Matt Gaetz. If that jackass has done or said anything that wasn't specifically meant to draw attention to himself, I've missed it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Someone at the ATF has to know these braces are really stocks of a sort. You’d think they’d say, “Y’know what, maybe we just shouldn’t waste our time dealing with SBR’s now because everybody basically has one and nothing happened.”
    But there’s a lot of things in this world that would make sense to me, that still aren’t so. Unfortunately, no one is consulting with me about it.
    It's not really up to the ATF. It'd be up to Congress to deregulate SBRs.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    It's not really up to the ATF. It'd be up to Congress to deregulate SBRs.
    Excellent point, and worth noting. I just meant "they" as whichever powers-that-be are ostensibly calling the shots.

Sell more pistols with braces. Should work for awhile.

Actually I don't think the ATF's cooking up a brace ban. Your state legislature may be cooking up semi-auto rifle ban in your state however.

Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
    That's what they keep running up the flagpole here. Soon to be banned in this state.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-18-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Makes sense. And if true, I bet Magpul is sweating.
    Ooooh I'd forgotten all about Magpul coming out with their versions. I just went to the website and they're pushing back the release until fall now instead of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    @Dagga Boy already called this. I believe its one of the reasons he is such a bullpup advocate.
    Dagga advocates bullpups?

Well shit, now I feel better being an ignoramus who liked my one session with a PP90 and a Tavor(second edition).
    Last edited by Baldanders; 06-18-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Dagga advocates bullpups?

Well shit, now I feel better being an ignoramus who liked my one session with a PP90 and a Tavor(second edition).
    I saw a guy at the range with one of those the other day. That's some weird hardware right there. Looks like something from Starship Troopers.

OK Boomer.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List