Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Civilian Carry Radio #147 - Realities of Police Training

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    On the other hand, there also appears to be some people waking up on a side of the fence regarding self defense, and they may be very powerful come Election Day.
    @jlw

Can you clarify, please? I'm not sure what you mean by "on a side of the fence". Is this meant to convey "pro" or "con"? Thanks in advance.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @jlw

Can you clarify, please? I'm not sure what you mean by "on a side of the fence". Is this meant to convey "pro" or "con"? Thanks in advance.
    I’m referring to non-gun people who have suddenly seen the need to be armed. They are looking at the world completely differently than they did a few months ago.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I’m referring to non-gun people who have suddenly seen the need to be armed. They are looking at the world completely differently than they did a few months ago.
    Thanks. I didn't want to interpret wrongly.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I thought that grievous bodily injury included "loss of consciousness." Pretty sure Branca has touched on this in his on-line updates.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I thought that grievous bodily injury included "loss of consciousness." Pretty sure Branca has touched on this in his on-line updates.
    I think that depends on the statutes of the state in question. I don’t believe that all states include loss of consciousness in their definition of SBI/GBI. Some, like Vermont, include any kind of strangulation that impedes the flow of air or blood as part of their definition of SBI. Others, such as New Mexico, keep it fairly general: “great bodily harm means an injury to the person which creates a high probability of death; or which causes serious disfigurement; or which results in permanent or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any member or bodily organ”.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Student

Civilian Carry Radio #150 - Realities of Police Training, Part 2

Live! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Live! Join us!

Listening now.

Lots of really good points again tonight.

Slight delay in catching this Podcast.

Part 2 of this is also excellent.

Part III: 8/5
    Part IV: 8/19
    Part V: 9/9
    Part VI: 9/16
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List