Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Civilian Carry Radio #147 - Realities of Police Training

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Part III: 8/5
    Part IV: 8/19
    Part V: 9/9
    Part VI: 9/16
    Excellent, jlw, looking forward to each and everyone of these. This series should be required listening.

Student

Civilian Carry Radio #154 - Realities of Police Training, Part III

Dobbs, Bolke, Weems.

We're live!

Student

Civilian Carry Radio #159 - Realities of Police Training, Part IV

Haggard, Dobbs, Bolke, and Ellifritz! It's about damn time, holy bologna.

Get in here!

Anyone have a link to the video of the female Los Angeles police officer who's being sued, discussed in Part 3 at about 1:03:30?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Student
    Toni McBride.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...th-la/2415270/

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....1085407&viewfu

There is some discussion about it in that thread and I believe the 'Shooting incidents in the news' thread.

Edit: also some recent developments:

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2020/08/...nion-official/

The next installment is tonight. The panel is Bolke, Ellifritz, Aqil Qadir, and Weems.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Student

Civilian Carry Radio #150 - Realities of Police Training - Part V, Urban vs Rural PDs

Join us live.

Student

Civilian Carry Radio #160 - Realities of Police Training, Part VI

Final episode. Fellas, if six hourplus sessions with several of the current and former lawmen out of the TacCon crowd can pass without you listening to a single one, shame on you.

Bolke and Dobbs, Haggard, Ellifritz.

Get in the live chat and add a click to that thumbs-up tonight.

I have been listening to these on my long commutes. Good stuff!

I’ve listened to all of the episodes. All of the panelists did a quite solid job of articulating, communicating, explaining some of these realities from the cop perspective.

At the start of the last episode, the initial question had to do with the public. Specifically, what about the public needed to be fixed (or something close to that).

Aside from Wayne’s commentary on citizen police academies, there was little discussion on what the public needs to do. I don’t recall any discussion about the community getting an education on their responsibilities and what the cops can & can’t do. Think functional civics.

One other area that didn’t get covered was events where cops – who were well trained – followed their training and used force well only to have a community, its media, and SJWs go full tilt stupid after an event. Simultaneously, the agency fails miserably by not educating the populace, the politicians on what happened.

In addition to better hands-on, scenario, and simulation training for the cops on the road (admin needs to attend that training), the administrators need training on communicating why their cops did what they did. Those conversations need to legal and practical reasons as well as human factor issues. If the admin isn’t capable of doing that, they need to be removed.

User Tag List