Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: S&W 640 Pro Series

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Just dawned on me I've never shown a pic of my 640 Pro:

Zeke, I want to thank you for posting that picture - very nice firearm.

640 Pro

Here's a picture of mine. If you look carefully, you can see the piece of aluminum from a soda can under the rear sight to get it to stay put. :-(
    Shoots ok, if a little low. Without question, the best J frame sights to date IMHO. Best group to date is 1" at 15 yards with Fiocchi 158 FMJ RN (38G). Federal Gold Medal 148 WC did 1.25", both shot about 2.75" low.

Name:  IMG_9821.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  64.1 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Here's a picture of mine. If you look carefully, you can see the piece of aluminum from a soda can under the rear sight to get it to stay put. :-(
    Don’t feel bad. I had to do the same thing to keep the rear sight in place on my G26.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Shoots ok, if a little low. Without question, the best J frame sights to date IMHO. Best group to date is 1" at 15 yards with Fiocchi 158 FMJ RN (38G). Federal Gold Medal 148 WC did 1.25", both shot about 2.75" low.

Name:  IMG_9821.jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  64.1 KB
    I have one set to return to my FFL Monday for the same issue. Ended up being a bad dovetail so I S&W replaced the frame.

First time posting to this thread. I just got my first 640 Pro a few days ago and here she is with my 642. Will post up some more pics when the altamont grips arrive for both in a few days. So far I like the extra weight of the pro.. More to come...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Ok I realize the last post was over 2 years ago, but I should have my new 640 Pro this Wednesday. Where did you guys find all the Spegel Grips without waiting 3 years?
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Ok I realize the last post was over 2 years ago, but I should have my new 640 Pro this Wednesday. Where did you guys find all the Spegel Grips without waiting 3 years?
    I can't advise on the grips, but I'd love to know where you found a new 640 Pro for sale.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I can't advise on the grips, but I'd love to know where you found a new 640 Pro for sale.
    Gun Broker $949 for buy now with one dealer, they have 3 in stock. 1 for Bid which is currently 725. I got mine for 899 buy now with another dealer through GB. Good Luck.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Gun Broker $949 for buy now with one dealer, they have 3 in stock. 1 for Bid which is currently 725. I got mine for 899 buy now with another dealer through GB. Good Luck.
    Well hush my mouth. I'd given up on finding one on Gunbroker. Thanks.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Well hush my mouth. I'd given up on finding one on Gunbroker. Thanks.
    You're welcome. Good Luck.

User Tag List