Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 640 Pro Series

Thanks for the good wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    With the "new" two piece barrel arrangement (a stainless rifled tube secured to the frame by a threaded shroud), that sort of thing is not uncommon. Shoddy, yes... but not uncommon. But it looked to me like the 640 Pro had an old-style one-piece barrel. When the wrong POI occurs with that set-up, it can be a real PITA to correct.

If your 360J has the "new" two-piece set-up, they should be able to correct that without any drama... IF they do it. I'm not familiar with that particular J frame; haven't even seen one, although I understand it is a new offering. Hopefully, they will correct yours properly at the first attempt. I was just informed that my 640 Pro has arrived, but I'm right in the middle of getting set up for radiation treatment, so it will be a few days before I can go scoop it up... much less shoot it. They said this nuking my left temporal lobe would not cause me any pain or weakness... why do I not believe that???

LSP as a fella that was raised & raised my own family in NWLA (caddo/S'port), plus knew a number of Troop G men back in the day, prayers out brother from this ETXn.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    LSP as a fella that was raised & raised my own family in NWLA (caddo/S'port), plus knew a number of Troop G men back in the day, prayers out brother from this ETXn.
    Thank you, sir. I started in Troop F... Knew/ know a lot of old Troop G hands.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    They said this nuking my left temporal lobe would not cause me any pain or weakness... why do I not believe that???

There shouldn't be any pain that results directly from irradiating your L. temporal as the brain doesn't have pain fibers of its own; hence why they are able to do brain surgery on people while they are awake. When I was at the Mayo they even circulated a video of a patient undergoing DBS surgery while they played the violin (you can find many similar videos taken at other institutions too). I have no idea whether or not you shouldn't expect weakness either but as camsdaddy said they probably aren't lying to you.

That said I have also had procedures done where I was told I should not expect any pain and I most DEFINITELY did. They weren't working on my brain - different organ system entirely - so my anecdote shouldn't scare you or anything, but if you do experience any pain/weakness definitely let your docs know right away so they can take care of you. Very very best of luck - not a terribly religious person but I'll take the time to say a prayer on your behalf.

Thanks. I ain't skeered... just pissed off.

But when they cracked open my skull to remove that tennis ball sized tumor, they damn sure put me OUT. Seemed like the smart thing to do at the time...

Site Supporter

But when they cracked open my skull to remove that tennis ball sized tumor, they damn sure put me OUT. Seemed like the smart thing to do at the time...

All my thoughts and prayers, brother!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Oh it was indeed... to my limited knowledge they only keep patients awake when they are worried about impinging on specific functions, and want to give the patient verbal instructions/get verbal feedback about how what they are doing is making them feel. I know, it's really weird.

The cutter said he could remove most of the cancer... but doing that might make me a turnip. I said thanks, but no thanks, I'll take my chances the old- fashioned way...

I finally got around to picking up my 640 Pro yesterday. Aside from a mushy trigger return, everything else looks okay. I detail-stripped it last night... didn't find any chips or shavings like you are likely to see in a new revolver, but that moly lube they are using now sure is thick and sluggish.

Today I'll clean it up, break the inside corner of the rebound slide, properly lube it, and we'll see how it shoots. It weighs a metric ton, so along with the Pachmyar Compac rubber stocks I replaced the ones it came with, it ought to be a pussycat.

I just hope the barrel is properly regulated.

, break the inside corner of the rebound slide,
    I'm still learning my way around, that's why I'm glad I've wound up on this forum. I know what the rebound slide is and what it does and I know that it can be stoned to smooth out the action. I'm under the impression that it's just the flats that are worked on. Are you saying you round off the corner? Is it the one closest to the cylinder?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List