Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 640 Pro Series

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    My gottahaveit is costing me $380 in two weeks. 64-1 from the mid 1970s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ditto... 28-2 from 1961-1962.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/559486392

I have been trying to find a dao 9mm single stack. Only one I have found is the p290rs. Which I finally got to actually look at. I can not warm up to it. But I keep going back to a smaller revolver. I have a 637 that the wife likes. But I am not a huge fan of the hammer and it is not the easiest shooting gun with the crappy sights. I am leaning on the 640 pro. Heavier but the sights look way better and its dao. Also I would enjoy just shooting it and I know she would love it. She likes the 637 but no more then 50 rounds if that at a time.

I love the 640 pro, but am having fits getting it to shoot anywhere near the sights. Almost everything is 3" to 5" low at 15 yards. So far, the only load anywhere close in elevation is a .357 handload with 180 grain Sierra and a modest charge of 700-X. Still an inch or so low.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I too am hitting low with everything I am putting through it (all .38 variety so far).

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    640 Pro is $620 shipped at KYGunCo right now.

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=100996

What is it, their 'It's September and we know you just got done enrolling your daughter in College' sale ?? Oh well, maybe she'll get a great job someday and maybe we'll still be able to buy 5 shot revolvers by then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunno, but mine will be here in a day or so. Hope I don't have the low POI issues Dave is having.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I love the 640 pro, but am having fits getting it to shoot anywhere near the sights. Almost everything is 3" to 5" low at 15 yards. So far, the only load anywhere close in elevation is a .357 handload with 180 grain Sierra and a modest charge of 700-X. Still an inch or so low.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanner View Post
    I too am hitting low with everything I am putting through it (all .38 variety so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Dunno, but mine will be here in a day or so. Hope I don't have the low POI issues Dave is having.

I just shipped my 360j back today for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I just shipped my 360j back today for this very reason.
    With the "new" two piece barrel arrangement (a stainless rifled tube secured to the frame by a threaded shroud), that sort of thing is not uncommon. Shoddy, yes... but not uncommon. But it looked to me like the 640 Pro had an old-style one-piece barrel. When the wrong POI occurs with that set-up, it can be a real PITA to correct.

If your 360J has the "new" two-piece set-up, they should be able to correct that without any drama... IF they do it. I'm not familiar with that particular J frame; haven't even seen one, although I understand it is a new offering. Hopefully, they will correct yours properly at the first attempt. I was just informed that my 640 Pro has arrived, but I'm right in the middle of getting set up for radiation treatment, so it will be a few days before I can go scoop it up... much less shoot it. They said this nuking my left temporal lobe would not cause me any pain or weakness... why do I not believe that???

Thank you for the info and explanation of the new barrel issue.
    Regardless of how the barrel/POI turns out I hope your procedure turns out well.
    Im sure they wouldnt lie to you.

User Tag List