Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W 640 Pro Series

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2837
Size:  75.8 KB
    640 Pro with VZ's just returned from Clark's Custom Guns where Tommy Joe worked his bead blast magic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Retro....wish I could give that multiple likes. I am sure it has a far better action than mine as well. How's it shoot for you? I ended up carrying mine all of SHOT and it was very convenient......which worries me.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Retro....wish I could give that multiple likes. I am sure it has a far better action than mine as well. How's it shoot for you? I ended up carrying mine all of SHOT and it was very convenient......which worries me.
    I have had no action work done yet. It really likes 158 38's and POA/POI at 10 yards. It carries AIWB 3x better than a K frame
    CYA Retro

What do you guys- Mike & DB- think of those VZ stocks? I've had several folks ask about them, and what little bit of experience I have with them does not include shooting.

That piece looks downright sinister, Mike; very impressive. Bead-blasted stainless… who'd a thunk it???

I like carrying the VZ grips,,they feel good in the hand.....and you feel every bit of recoil. I have them on some .44 Mags that you do not want shoot much. On .38's they are fine.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    What do you guys- Mike & DB- think of those VZ stocks? I've had several folks ask about them, and what little bit of experience I have with them does not include shooting.

That piece looks downright sinister, Mike; very impressive. Bead-blasted stainless… who'd a thunk it???

Thanks,I normally have Eagle Secret Service grips for ankle and pocket carry. The VZ's are TOO sharp for me in those roles but I like the way they feel in my hand because they fill my palm very well and the finger grooves fit my two middle fingers just right.

S&W 640 Pro Series

Hi guys. Frequent reader, infrequent poster. I'm laid up right now after heart surgery and thought I'd share my thoughts on the 640 Pro...

I have Airweight and all Stainless Centennials and Bodyguards, and the 640 Pro is one of my favorites. So many others here have already given valuable info on it, and I won't clog the pipes reiterating what's already been said. I will say:

1. The trigger on mine DRAMATICALLY smoothed out after about 2 weeks of daily dry-fire, and 500 rounds of 130 grain ball.
    2. 148 grain wadcutters (my standby defensive load) is a pussycat AND shoots POA in this gun
    3. I use the PGS brand, "Hideout," grips that are stippled lightly (by me) and scalloped for speed loader use
    4. The rear sight is SHARP. I use a Tucker Coverup with a high sweat guard that keeps the sight from eating a hole in my undershirt
    5. I darken the rear dots on the Novak because they are BRIGHT
    6. The barrel profile hinders some kydex holsters from working well (duh)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 01-27-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman House DDS View Post

Hi guys. Frequent reader, infrequent poster. I'm laid up right now after heart surgery and thought I'd share my thoughts on the 640 Pro...

I have Airweight and all Stainless Centennials and Bodyguards, and the 640 Pro is one of my favorites. So many others here have already given valuable info on it, and I won't clog the pipes reiterating what's already been said. I will say:

1. The trigger on mine DRAMATICALLY smoothed out after about 2 weeks of daily dry-fire, and 500 rounds of 130 grain ball.
    2. 148 grain wadcutters (my standby defensive load) is a pussycat AND shoots POA in this gun
    3. I use the PGS brand, "Hideout," grips that are stippled lightly (by me) and scalloped for speed loader use
    4. The rear sight is SHARP. I use a Tucker Coverup with a high sweat guard that keeps the sight from eating a hole in my undershirt
    5. I darken the rear dots on the Novak because they are BRIGHT
    6. The barrel profile hinders some kydex holsters from working well (duh)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great to see this familiar picture. It has been a while. Know that your writings are missed but hope you are well.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I like carrying the VZ grips,,they feel good in the hand.....and you feel every bit of recoil.

That's kinda what I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pipes View Post
    Thanks,I normally have Eagle Secret Service grips for ankle and pocket carry. The VZ's are TOO sharp for me in those roles...

My impression as well.

User Tag List